• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vermeer head scratcher

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Funny thing I have an old 855 baler and I have to pay full price for my twine. As do most any smaller producer who can't afford to buy a new baler or a pallet of twine or wrap at a time. I do buy my twine at our local mills fleet farm. In january they will have what they call big boys toy days and If you spend $300 you get a $50 gift card you can just keep spending and keep getting gift cards which you can use right away on the next purchase.It is open for anyone on anything you could buy candy,cloths oil lawnmowers tools whatever is in the store and its a big store. I prefer this type of promotion vs the one for the elite customers normally the elite customers could afford a little extra cash.

Soapweed said:
My local dealer found an extra coupon, so I was able to purchase 15 rolls of net-wrap and get the 16th roll free. He still doesn't know why I wasn't issued a coupon directly from Vermeer. Here is another head scratcher. He asked, "Will you feed the hay or sell it?" I've bought a lot of hay through the years, but have never sold any, and told him so. Here is the kicker--if the net-wrap buyer feeds the hay to his own cattle, sales tax is charged. If the hay will be sold, there is no tax charged. I paid the sales tax. Someone please tell me a logical explanation for this little rule. :?
I will gladly buy all of your hay, then sell it back to you at the same price. anything I can do to screw the govt out of a tax !

I can see what their intention with the tax. So they are expecting the end user of the twine to pay the tax, like that is gonna happen. Or a dealer that is trying to figure out a complicated rule. feel good soap, you arent a criminal. :lol: :)

I've had this same argument with the Zoetis reps. about their discounts. If you sign up, and purchase $5,000 of their products in a year you get a pretty substantial discount. Work great for me, but I also asked about the smaller producers who don't need that much vaccine, etc. Doesn't seem right to give discounts to the bigger producers and leave the smaller ones to pay full price. We have 5 people involved in our operation, and if we all had our own 150 head we wouldn't get the discounted price either. I suggested they change their system, but I don't think they've done a thing yet. I guess the CEO's at Zoetis don't listen to me either. :x

katrina said:
same thing with vaccine. Big boys get the discount and the small producers pay full price.
isn't that the way everything is? Volume discount, always been that way.

Latest posts