• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

very thin horses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_406334b8-f66e-59d4-a574-402d180470d1.html
Officials seize more than 90 horses from Wyoming ranch
CHEYENNE — Authorities say more than 90 horses that were in poor condition due to a lack of food have been seized from a ranch in southwestern Wyoming's Lincoln County.

Law enforcement administration officials for the Wyoming Livestock Board said the owner of the horses had been under suspicion for some time, and the horses were seized Monday. Among the horses were several pregnant mares and two that had recently given birth.

The horses have since been moved to the stockyard in Cheyenne.

Jimmy Siler, the livestock board's law enforcement administrator, says the board deals with about 100 animal welfare cases every year, and they can vary from one to two animals all the way up to 100.

The Rez horses in this country are mostly in rough shape too. I doubt if the SPCA is willing to tackle a traditional right to let a few Native horses naturally winterkill. :x

I see they're after leachman again for some horses that got turned out but he says they ain't his and belong to his son and the son says it don't apply to him---think son also has another p'match going on with the judge.

I just read about that lawsuit of Seth's-what a gong show. if they turned them out right at the sale site there wasn't much grass there.

Latest posts