• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Veteran of the Year

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
Subject: FW: Vet of the Year:
This was a moving tribute...to a Country Music Legend who was named Veteran of the Year. It's too bad that some of the other 'strong-in your face' military country western singers (like Toby Keith) don't have this man's military credentials....

Pretty Awesome.

Many people may have forgot about his time in the U.S.Army. He is the son of an

Air Force General, and a accomplished Golden Gloves boxer, and he graduated

from Pomona College with a B.S. degree, and then became a Rhodes Scholar from

Oxford University.

He joined the U.S. Army at the prompting of his father. After graduating from

Officer Candidate School he attended and graduated from both Army Airborne

and Ranger training in the very top of each class. He was selected for U. S.Army

Special Forces Training but refused so that he could attend pilot training where he

earned his wings, and became an accomplished U.S. Army helicopter (gun ship)

pilot, and achieved the rank of Captain.

He was about to be promoted to the rank of Major, and appointed to teach at West Point

when he resigned his commission from the Army to go into music and acting. You can

tell in this video that his time in the military means a lot to him. I won't give away who

it is. You should just watch. You may be surprised!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-A7eqadho&feature=related

I still have a problem with Chris Cristopherson congradulating Daniel Ortega for their "successful revolution", in my opinion, every communist revolution is a stolen revolution. But I like him and admire him for alot of reasons.

Latest posts