• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vietnam opens border!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen

Reaction score
June 28, 2005 Daily Update for Tuesday June 28
Following a meeting between the two countries' prime ministers, Vietnam has announced it is re-opening to imports of Canadian boneless beef from cattle under 30 months of age.

:) :) :)

It's too bad Canadian ranchers cant ship finished cattle to a dedicated
closed down U.S. packing plant and put U.S. workers back to work who have lost their jobs. Could they not be sealed in trucks and go directly
to the plant where the meat could be exported to Vietnam, Mexico or other
opened forein markets? Or would R-Calf claim this would put the health
of U.S. consumers in danger?

YoungFarmer, thanks for the thoughts, but we are busy building plants, and expanding capacity, soon we won't need to employ those people in the US that we once did.

I think the producers in this country are determined not to let this happen again.

Murgen said:
YoungFarmer, thanks for the thoughts, but we are busy building plants, and expanding capacity, soon we won't need to employ those people in the US that we once did.

I think the producers in this country are determined not to let this happen again.

"We are busy building plants". Cargill, Tyson and the producer? Yea, they are building plants all right. With YOUR money! :roll:

Mike, yes the big ones are getting bigger, but there are some smaller operators that have also opened up and more in the works.

There's one not 45 minutes from me that is killing 1000 culls a week now and ramping up to kill two days worth of fats also.

They are a member owned AI company that took saw the need and went for it. They are helping out a lot. By the way their prices for culls has been about $100-200 over average for about a year now.

Non-profit and turning profits back to the persons that buy hooks.

Latest posts