• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vigortone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
I called the 800# today to see where or who my nearest dealer would be. Instead of tellin me, the lady on the phone said she'd give my name and number to the local rep and he'd call me and let me know.
Now I'm gonna be waitinnnnnnn.....I hate waitinnnnnnnnn :roll:

I hate waiting too, but I doubt if you have to wait very long!

How close are you to Weathford, Texas? I think there is a plant there.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm me, jersey, and I'll try to answer them. Things are different down south, so I won't be as familiar with what goes on there as compared to the northern climate. The rep they have call on you should be very capable.

As haymaker puts it, "good luck."

I"m about 225 miles from Weatherford, Tx.
I've just been readin all ya'lls posts talkin about the Vigortone and was interested in seeing what the difference between it and Right Now Minerals from Nutrena are. Wanted to compare performance and price.
The Vigortone website doesn't give much information on it, as to what it's advantages are and such.
Thanks

Faster Horses: I've been following your discussions on vigortone and believe you posted about a possible Canadian supplier (some time back).I have talked to people that like and endorse the product but we live 5-6 hours north of the border and it is difficult to access product to try! We are having problems finding quality minerals that are palatible and that we can keep consumption up to proper levels. Any help that you can provide would be appreciated.Thanks!

I'm going to do some checking for you, cowsense, and see what I can find out. I will get back to you.

jersey lily, one thing to remember is that Vigortone is a MINERAL company. Many of these other companies are FEED companies that sell mineral. The difference is that all Vigortone's research goes in to MINERAL.That is why they are an industry leader. I am really tired of these other companies telling people about their mineral, "It's just like Vigortone." It ISN"T just like Vigortone. We don't sell our mineral saying 'it's just like so and so's mineral." Let them sell theirs on it's own merit. Usually the producer is disappointed, because when they say it is like Vigortone, they expect it to perform like Vigortone. It doesn't. That has happened a lot around here. One guy made another company come and get the mineral he had got from them. He says they shot themselves in the foot doing that, because there is no comparison. He can visibly SEE the difference in his cattle on Vigortone; plus, the other mineral got hard and the cattle would not eat it.

As to the analysis, if you pm it to me, be sure to include the INGREDIENT list. It is just like baking a cake. You can have the same recipe, but if you don't have good or right ingredients you won't have a good cake. Ingredients are everything.

I do think Cargill puts out a pretty good mineral. It is confusing because how do you know how much brown you need, or how much emerald? I find many ranchers don't want to think about it that hard. You all know the KISS system I advocate: KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID. Another thing, I don't have any idea about their service. I know Vigortone is a service-oriented company. We can help in many ways that I never knew about until I worked with this company.

Cargill puts a lot more into advertising. Vigortone doesn't advertise much, they keep people in the field to deal with producers one-on-one. Me, being in the advertising business, think they should advertise more. But, doing it this way has worked for them for many years. Advertising costs a lot of money and they'd rather have FIELDMEN (or women) out there as ads.

That's their story and they're sticking to it. :wink:

Well until hearing about it on ranchers, I'd never heard of vigortone.
But I just got off the phone with the rep that I was referred to, and he told me a lil bit about it and is sending me some information. Also told me where my nearest dealer is, which is only 10 miles away. Which will be a BIG plus. So, I'll be starting them on vigortone as soon as I can get over there and get some. One question I forgot to ask is "is it safe for horses" we have a few head of horses that are turned out with the cows.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Well until hearing about it on ranchers, I'd never heard of vigortone.
But I just got off the phone with the rep that I was referred to, and he told me a lil bit about it and is sending me some information. Also told me where my nearest dealer is, which is only 10 miles away. Which will be a BIG plus. So, I'll be starting them on vigortone as soon as I can get over there and get some. One question I forgot to ask is "is it safe for horses" we have a few head of horses that are turned out with the cows.

It would be as safe as any other mineral.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
One question I forgot to ask is "is it safe for horses" we have a few head of horses that are turned out with the cows.

jersey lilly- my horses are doing plumb fine and somedays they have their heads stuck in the tubs more than the cows...

Nope, no urea in anything we sell; or if there is I have never run into it.

Another thing to be careful of Rumensin. Any product with an 'R' after it denotes Rumensin and a 'B' after it denotes Bovatech. You'd want to keep horses away from products containing those ingredients. However, they are meant to be fed free choice anyway; they are to be regulated as in a feedlot situation.

Good for you, jersey lily~I didn't think you would have to wait long for someone to get back to you. And only 10 miles away, that's really great!

Don't be suprised if the cows really dig into it at first. Sometimes that happens here with a new bunch of cattle, sometimes not. It might take a couple of weeks to get them regulated. This is especially true if you haven't been feeding mineral or if they haven't been eating the mineral you put out previously. In those cases, the copper stores in their liver might be low. They are just trying to get those liver stores up.

Latest posts