• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wal-Mart buys only choice beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Wal-Mart buys only choice beef

Wal-Mart Sets Prices Sizzling For Choice Beef
BY MARSHALL ECKBLAD AND MIGUEL BUSTILLO
The massive buying power of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is driving the wholesale price of choice beef to a nearly eight-year high as the retailer stocks its refrigerator cases for the first time with higher-quality cuts.
The price of choice beef, which has been building for much of the fall, confounded ranchers, beef wholesalers and futures traders. Cattle prices already were rising as a historic drought in Texas shrunk supplies. Still, only choice beef was getting more expensive, while select—a lower-grade cut—was becoming cheaper.
Enter the Wal-Mart effect. The retailer confirmed this week that it has rolled out choice beef

This is why I am switching from Holsteins to Angus for 2012.
SL

This is their first time...several years ago I purchased beef ONCE at WalMart to see what it was like....injected with water (said on the label) like chicken, tasted and chewed like cardboard :!:

Wal-Mart has been notorious for poor beef. I think it is because they gave
the beef industry their specs and no one would sell the kind of beef they
wanted to them for the price they offered. As a result, they were stuck
buying the poor quality beef. This is good news, if it's real. I advise everyone
NOT to buy their beef at Wal-Mart. But then, I don't like Wal-Mart period.

I don't care for Walmart either. I can buy cheaper at the local businesses than Walmart sells it for. It didn't used to be that way.

Sir Loin: Several years ago, I did an internet search on holsteins and holsteins consistently grade choice................. I'm sure if you google it you could find the research.

Latest posts