• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

wanted. good cowboys

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I heard of a guy when the Exotic boom was on in the 70's tuerned loose a bunch of Limo halfblood heifers that were worth big money-the market headed south but by the time the got them recaptured they were worth about a quarter of what they were at turnout. We had an old black cow got missed in the bush and wintered and calved out there-that calf had some starch for sure.

If you ever catch them cows take them to the sale. You don't need wild cows. They will hurt someone sooner or later. They need to be hambuger.

depends on where you are in kansas
if you are on the west side i could load some dogs and a horse and come pen them or catch them if it comes to that
if you are on the east side i have some friends over that way that might help you out
until later
jerry

Build a catch pen with cattle panels and take minerals and feed to them every day till they calm down. We put electric wire inside ours. Run it off a 12 volt battery. Good Luck

dang jigs you must drive faster than me
it takes me about an hour and a half to get to Edgar

if you cant find anyone closer let me know and maybe we could work something out

I dont know though about some Nebraska boys coming down there to help you out we just might have to bring some white paint and put a little N on a certain Christmas ornament lol

dang jigs you must drive faster than me
it takes me about an hour and a half to get to Edgar

if you cant find anyone closer let me know and maybe we could work something out

I dont know though about some Nebraska boys coming down there to help you out we just might have to bring some white paint and put a little N on a certain Christmas ornament lol

rees,

I double dog dare ya!!!!!!!! Make sure and put my name on it too... :D :D
Jigs, you'd better sleep with one eye open on your kitty cat ornamant!!!
I'm thinking it's about to be baptised.........

oh, I'll get them. would be nice if we got a little snow. the dang grass is still green in the bottoms!!

think I'll haul them up and dump off on Katrina !

You have to find me first!!!! :twisted: :twisted: And I'll bet my hubby would have them looking for a correl in about 15 minutes....... It's really flat here.. And as long as they can't out run him in 8th gear on his tractor..

katrina said:
You have to find me first!!!! :twisted: :twisted: And I'll bet my hubby would have them looking for a correl in about 15 minutes....... It's really flat here.. And as long as they can't out run him in 8th gear on his tractor..

I've done that with a bale ring on the loader thats what I call a portable corral.

COWBOYS LIKE THOSE WILD ONES!!!!!!!!!!

We had our culls and empties in pasture by themselves. When we gathered them for shipping, we were one short. Personally, I would have assumed that we has a miscount, but my guys somehow don't miscount.

They found the rascal about four miles away - she just crosses cattle cattleguards until she found her old herd. I told the guys I didn't want an empty cows with an attidude around this winter.

Last week, we shipped some broken mouth cows to the bred cow auction. They sent this wild cow along. They just took a stock trailer and horse out in the prairie and roped the SOB, drug her into the trailer and hauled her off.

The sale yard was gloating that they had found an open cow in the load of gummers!!!!!!!!!! The only one, too.

Like someone mentioned,id ketch the calves,and get sum kid to hold em in the back of a pickup,get the calf to holler,or do your best impressions yourself,and they ought to come a runnin,then you just creep twords where you need to be,at the pen tie the calves down and give em some room,theyll go in there soon enough,or just help some poor boy like me and pay $175 and have em out of there and at the closest sale barn...Either way,good luck!

ropesanddogs said:
Like someone mentioned,id ketch the calves,and get sum kid to hold em in the back of a pickup,get the calf to holler,or do your best impressions yourself,and they ought to come a runnin,then you just creep twords where you need to be,at the pen tie the calves down and give em some room,theyll go in there soon enough,or just help some poor boy like me and pay $175 and have em out of there and at the closest sale barn...Either way,good luck!

Is that per head or for both of them? And do you provide your own fuel to get there an back?

I've got a friend who helped his buddy catch and pen some runaways in the mountains of Colorado this fall. I think he said they got $200 per head. Sounded like it was a pretty good deal when there were several and a poor paying propositon when there was only one.

Jigs if they are still there after Jan. 9 count me in on the watchin part. I'll be startin school in Concordia so I'll definately have to come watch/help.

Jake said:
Jigs if they are still there after Jan. 9 count me in on the watchin part. I'll be startin school in Concordia so I'll definately have to come watch/help.
the old CCCC?? Concordia is where we go for Orschelns or if we have to go to WalMart. I try to stay out of there, but sometimes we have to go in.

flatlander said:
Sounds like you need some good Jewell Co. cowcatchers? How's Mankato suit you?

are you a Jewell county resident??? if so name your price. I may hire you. I am about 20 miles from Mankato.

Latest posts