• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wanted: Large crane

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
We are having quite a time trying to get our bales in, we've had a lot of moisture this fall and the fields and backroads are soft enough we can't move without frost. This morning I dropped the back end of the semi-trailer through the muck on a dirty alkali prairie trail. Am hoping it freezes up enough tonight so that I can get in to unload it; I have a neighbour coming with his JD 4wheel drive to try and snare me out; I just hope it comes out without damage! Sometimes I think I liked it better when we were dried out and didn't grow that much feed- it wasn't near as much work :???: :help:

sounds like everyone else on the praries this year at one point or the other. You ever heard the song Truck Got Stuck by Corle Blund, pretty much somes it up for western Canada.

BMr- Perhaps you could run me up your skyhook? P.s. Wanta reeeally good deal on a load of hay-as is -where is - didn't freeze last night .....hopefully it sets up so we can try it tomorrow :help:

cowsense said:
BMr- Perhaps you could run me up your skyhook? P.s. Wanta reeeally good deal on a load of hay-as is -where is - didn't freeze last night .....hopefully it sets up so we can try it tomorrow :help:

Our truck is gone for the last load as I type. The son has his 1A so I waited so he could haul the last 7 loads that I bought. We had some rain so getting in and out of stack yard was a bit tricky. Hope you get unstuck soon.

cowsense, we aren't moving a bale either. Just too slick in the fields. Your story reminds me of Halloween night here. We had a load of barley going out, had to load out of a pile in the field. If the truck driver had shown up when he was supposed to at 5:00 instead of 7:00 when he did, he would've got out of the field under his own power. But it had started to rain when he finally got here, and by the time he was loaded, it was good and wet. He was stuck instantly! Husband came home for the 4 wheel drive, told the driver to just sit there till he got back. But no!! He had to try and get himself out and in the process, buried the truck and trailers down to the frame. Husband couldn't even budge him. Called for a tow truck, they sent out a big wrecker. He couldn't budge him either. Every time the tow truck tried to winch him out, the tow truck just slid backwards. They had to put our tractor on the front of the tow truck for an anchor, and they managed to get him out inch by slow inch. Must've been a hell of a bill for the trucking company! They're supposed to pick up two more loads, but they haven't been back yet. I think they're afraid to. Now they can just wait till the ground freezes good and hard.

Shelly,

We had the same thing happen here this summer. They had jsut rebuilt the grade on the road that washed out. We got about 4 inches of rain one night and the next morning a semi dragging a set up super B's loaded to the ying yang with wheat decided to go through there. We was he stuck. The municipal boys came to see if I could go pull him out. I said sure, but I didnt take the chore tractor I fired up the 4-wheel drive that I had rented. 500 horsepower with good big duals on it. When I hooked on to the truck all I could do was kill the tractor, so I reved her up and started breaking tow ropes :shock: :shock: Finally we doubled up some load binder chains of mine and managed to yank him out skidding all the way. He was down a good 2 feet in the road. :roll: Guy offered to pay but I told him it was free. Do good things for people and it will happen to you as well. Then the semi proceeds to the elevator and after dumping his load he takes off and the door on the elevator was only partly open so he takes the door off with the truck. Havent seen that truck back in this area since :lol: :lol:

I got the truck unstuck :!: Only sunk two tractors and broke several chains...........had to unload which was a challenge as we were sitting right down in the bubblegum......had to use our smaller fwd to unload as it didn't sink quite as bad as the field tractors. The rest of that field will have to wait until we get some lasting frost.....shouldn't have to wait too long in Saskatchewan! As for neighbourly we did manage to borrow a JD 8650, but the owner took off for the city without staying around for the show....it did the trick once we unloaded 23 bales! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts