• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wanted: one good cowboy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
Met a college senior, a tall blond pretty gal named Kristin. She is into sports and majored (is a star pupil it turns out) in business and international banking but says she wants to work out in the west, marry a cowboy, have horses and live in Texas or the Southwest. Any takers out there? No married men, old goats or Haymaker need apply :lol: :lol:
(couldnt resist that one Haymaker!)

Does she realize that the majority of true cowboys exceed 50, have pot-bellies and balding scalps? LOL. Not that they aren't studs and hot in their own right, at least that's what my wife says about this forty-year-old,

nr said:
Met a college senior, a tall blond pretty gal named Kristin. She is into sports and majored (is a star pupil it turns out) in business and international banking but says she wants to work out in the west, marry a cowboy, have horses and live in Texas or the Southwest. Any takers out there? No married men, old goats or Haymaker need apply :lol: :lol:

NR I believe we need to let that young fillie decide for her self ,you have her register and log on here and lets get to the bottom of this. LOL.........good luck PS she might like married old goats that bale hay

nr said:

i know some eligable cowboys they would like to see here pictures in this order.

Pickup
stock trailer
horse
dog
checkbook balance
credit record
yearly income statement a must.

and maybe send one of her if she needs to.

i know some eligable cowboys they would like to see here pictures in this order.

Pickup
stock trailer
horse
dog
checkbook balance
credit record
yearly income statement a must.

and maybe send one of her if she needs to.

Hahaha, that sounds just about right Denny! :D :lol:

Denny,
Funny but that sounds an awful lot like a dowry. Thought those went out with pantaloons.

I know too many examples of "educated city girl"/ cowboy relationships not going so well. A really long courtship with candid discussions with some experianced cowboy's wives would be a good suggestion. Those girls don't understand that a true bronc never gentles much.

Brad S said:
I know too many examples of "educated city girl"/ cowboy relationships not going so well. A really long courtship with candid discussions with some experianced cowboy's wives would be a good suggestion. Those girls don't understand that a true bronc never gentles much.

Brad S- some good advice there for anyone marrying anyone.
Long courtships, candid discussions and a heap of prayer would have prevented many a disasterous union.
Seems like people are becoming less smart in that arena. So much for mankind getting better and better.
Anyway, I'm sure Kristin will meet the right man at the right time- without my interference. Just thought it would be fun to see the answers and, as usual, it was :D

My wife is actually from town and though it was a small town in ranch country, Our life has seemed to dash the romance of the west from her world, lol. However, try to talk about selling out, she won't have it. So, all the talk about how she never knew about all the work, on some levels, the rewards are greater. She just won't let me know it. I think it's a leverage deal, lol

Kristen sounds like a nice catch. But cowboys don't run in big herds. What are HER qualifications? Would she allow chilled calfs in the bath tub in a three day storm? Could she live on a camp with no phone, no school bus and mail only once a week? Can she buy a month's grocerys with 50 dollars cause her cowboy broke a tree in his saddle? The romance is nice but the rocky trails is what brings you close. Good luck and hope you find him.

Better let the college girl read these posts. She just might change her mind. Altho if she met the right one at the right time she may never regret it. :cowboy:

nr....have her get ahold of me....men greatly outnumber women here in the madison valley...could also give her some "town girl" to "town girl" advice about the reality of things :D as a former "townie", i was not ready for what i encountered when imarried my jesse....16-20 hour days, no days off, no honeymoon, cow dung on his boots, cow dung on his pants, cowdung on his shirts, cow dung on his hat (still not sure "why" or "how" :? ), the smell of the cows and the corrals so close to the house, his friends and their cowdung covered clothes :D (are you seeing a pattern beginning to emerge? :wink: ), grease and motor oil on everything during haying/harvesting because some piece of s@#$ tractor broke down again!! Then there are the good things about the cowboy way...the respect (yes ma'am, thank you for dinner honey it was really good, please and thank you), the loyalty and friendship, the honesty that seems ingrained in them, their "word" is their bond (means more than any written contract)....
i wish her the very best....if you can accept them for who they are and know that you are NOT gonna mold them into something they are not, then you have yourself one hell of a partner! :wink:

Brad S said:
I know of one right now that is perfect. They wanna get engaged!! :D :) :) :shock: :eek: 8) :wink:

Ranchwife------
I think you should contact that gal and have her come and stay with you a while.It sounds like you are made of the right stuff and could get her off to a good start with some young buck.

Okay, folks. I've printed out the whole shebang to pass on to Kristin-
you offered lots of good cautionary advice to her but
then Angus Cattle Shower had to go and dangle that enticing worm at the end! LOL :lol: Enough to set her hopes up all over again!
Being an incurable romantic, I hope it works out for her.

Latest posts