• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wanted to rent Farm/ranch in sask

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Judith

Reaction score
Looking for a quarter or larger in sask to lease/lease with first right to purchase. Needs to have lots of water, a barn of some sort. I can put stalls in. Home can be tiny, should be warm and tidy, there is just myself and 9 year old son. If anyone hears of anything please let me know. Prefer for around March. Horses and Cattle will be run. I am an excellent tenant and have rented my current place for the last 15 years. Divorce forces relocation. Can't afford BC any longer. Have lived in AB but prefer SASK. Can do farm chores/caretaking for reduced rental.

Judith: There's a slug of empty yards in Sask., most are for sale though not for rent. Yardsites would be easy enuff to come by, pasture for rent is a little bit scarcer! Try the Western Producer classifieds, all you have to do is pick the region you want to move to : there's a lot of good choices available with the downturn in agriculture! Good luck!

A very special thanks to everyone who has replied! Keep looking for me I am sure if we network someone will know someone, who has an uncle who.... An empty yardsite would be good as well as long as it has power. A trailer could be pulled in or? I am open to alot of options but I do need about 160 acres or more to run these guys

Just thought I would clarify what I am looking for. I have gotten alot of PMs so I thought I would be more specific.

Minimum of 160 acres, the bigger the better. I will be running thoroughbred horses on it. Alfalfa on half would be great , could be in need of reseed not a problem. ( Any questions as to what the divorce was about :) move into an apartment...over my dead body...) The home can be small or even a mobile, fixer upper OK. Must have great water and be fairly close to a center of some type. I don't mind driving an hour for supplies but farther than that is a bit much. I am open to caretaker type arrangements as well. Very hard working and have Dairy and Beef experience. I don't need to be close to a school as my son is a homeschooler. I hope that clarifies things a bit. :)
Judith

Latest posts