• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Warm Eggnog?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mp.freelance

Reaction score
I bought some eggnog at the grocery store, and was planning on heating it up and adding some whiskey. But then I read everywhere you serve eggnog cold. Do you guys have any tips? If I heat it up, will it cook the egg content? Also - how much whiskey to add?

mp.freelance said:
I bought some eggnog at the grocery store, and was planning on heating it up and adding some whiskey. But then I read everywhere you serve eggnog cold. Do you guys have any tips? If I heat it up, will it cook the egg content? Also - how much whiskey to add?

Cold, about 1 oz of bourbon to a cup of eggnog for the first cup. They tend to get stronger with each glass!!!!! After about the 4 or 5th one who cares???

Oh, and you can add a little nutmeg to taste.

Eggnog is best served COLD... .ok sounds like I am talking wine. Hmmmm not sure about whiskey amount depends on how cold it is outside LOL
I use Kahlua in mine....depends on how cold it gets LOL how much I use.

Boy,that eggnog & whiskey sounds good on a cold nite like tonite,never heard of anyone warming it,I guess you could tho,a lil warming should'nt cook anything.............good luck

Mike, other than in politics

All it will take to turn your political world around is about 2 days down here.

REAL political power manifests itself in the struggle to gain the minority vote.

When the "minority" gains the upper hand and has the ability to determine each election, this country will go to hell in a handbasket.

It gained momentum in the 1960's and is just around the corner. All of our other "perceived" problems will be minute.

Mike said:
Mike, other than in politics

All it will take to turn your political world around is about 2 days down here.

REAL political power manifests itself in the struggle to gain the minority vote.

When the "minority" gains the upper hand and has the ability to determine each election, this country will go to hell in a handbasket.

It gained momentum in the 1960's and is just around the corner. All of our other "perceived" problems will be minute.

I could'nt agree more Mike,come on down here where the so called "Majority" is the minority you will change your mind damned fast about this "BS" 'affirmative action' gun control & capital gains tax.........good luck

for a hot mix try this
Tom and Jerry (batter mix)
1 lbs. Sugar
3 eggs (whites and yolks separated)
2 ounces Rum
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1/2 tsp. Allspice
1/2 tsp. Creme of Tartar

Beat eggwhites to a stiff froth, and the yolks until they are as thin as water. Mix yolks and whites together and add the rum and spices. Thicken with sugar until the mixture attains the consistence of a light batter. In a coffee mug, combine one table-spoonfull of the above mixture, and 2 ounces of brandy, and then fill the glass with boiling water. Garnish by grating a little nutmeg on top.
whisky works as good as brandy....

Tom and Jerry Mix

BATTER:
12 eggs
1 oz. jamaica rum
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice
2 lb. powdered sugar

DRINK:
1 oz. brandy
1 oz. rum (whiskey can be substituted for either brandy or rum)

Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat yolks until thin and lemon colored.
Mix egg mixtures together.
Add spices, rum and powdered sugar and mix until smooth and stiff. This makes a batter.
Store in refrigerator until ready to use.

To drink:
Put 2 tablespoons batter in mug and add 1 ounce brandy and 1 ounce rum. Fill mug with hot water or hot milk. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.

Latest posts