• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Warm White Chocolate Bread Pudding w/ Brown Butter Rum Sauce

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

I found this recipe for bread pudding that I am using to make dessert for dinner. I thought you might like to have it.

The bread pudding:6 oz. brioche bread, in 1/2 inch cubes (6 cups)
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 cups of heavy cream
10 oz. premium white chocolate, coarsely chopped
8 large egg yolks
2 large eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sugar

1. Preheat ove to 350 F. Bake bread cubes on baking sheet 15 minutes, stirring, until lightly toasted. Let cool.

2. With butter, grease 13X9 inch baking dish; add bread.

3. In medium saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Meamwhile, in large bowl, whisk egg yolks and eggs. In small saucepan, whisk milk and sugar; heat over medium high heat until small bubbles form around edge. Remove pan fromheat; whisk in chocolate until metlted to a boil.

4. In large saucepan, bring 8 cups water ot a boil. Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk egg yolks an eggs.In small saucepan, whisk mil and sugar; heat over medium-high until small bubbles form around edge. Slowly whisk hot milk mixture into yolk mixture; whisk into chocolate-cream mixture.

Strain custard through fine sieve evenly over bread in dish; gently press bread with back of spatula to immerse in custard. Cover with foil. Place dish in large roasting pan; por enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfwasy up sides of dish. Bake 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes, until lightly browned on top and knife tests clean. Remove breadk pudding to rack; let it cool until warm. Serve with Rum Sauce.
Makes 12 servings.

Brown butter rum custard sauce1/4 unsalted butter
6 large egg yolks
6 Tbs sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp dark rum

1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, swirling pan, 2 minutes, until golden brown
Remove pan from heat; set aside

2. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar sevral minutes. Gradually whisk in brown butter

3. In a saucepan, heat cream and milk over medium heat until bubbles form aound the edge. Slowly whisk hot cream mixture into egg yolk mixture; pour back into saucepan. Heat over medium heat; stir constantly, until sauce coats back of spoon, 3 minutes, or until 170 (F)degrees

4. Remove from heat; stir in the rum. Strain through fine sieve into a bowl. Serve warm. Makes 3 cups.

Too bad that I don't have any of you as my neighbords; I will take some to my neighbor who doesn't have anyone in the area. Have a blissful evening!

sounds good here one we tecked at the bottom added Chocolet.
Marmalade French Toast Casserole

Grapefruit or mixed fruit marmalade will work just as well as the orange marmalade called for in the recipe. Serve the casserole with honey or pancake syrup warmed with orange rind and a splash of orange juice (add one teaspoon rind and two tablespoons juice per 1/2 cup syrup). This easy casserole can be assembled in less than 15 minutes and stored in the refrigerator overnight.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 (16-ounce) sourdough French bread loaf, cut into 24 (1/2-inch) slices
Cooking spray
1 (12-ounce) jar orange marmalade
2 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 large eggs
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preparation
Spread softened butter on one side of each bread slice. Arrange 12 bread slices, buttered side down, slightly overlapping in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread marmalade evenly over bread; top with remaining 12 bread slices, buttered side up.

Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through eggs), stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°.

Sprinkle casserole with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Yield

but we changed it to this,
Sue made like marmalade sandwiches then she cubed the bread , she poured a cup of melted sweet chocolate plus a square of dark bakers chocolate some dark cocoa over the top with the milk and eggs. baked it slow at 275.

Sue cooked some left over marmalade with some Grand Marnier into a syrup and severed over the warm chocolate orange marmalade bread pudding along with a dollop of whipped cream.

jodywy said:
sounds good here one we tecked at the bottom added Chocolet.
Marmalade French Toast Casserole

Grapefruit or mixed fruit marmalade will work just as well as the orange marmalade called for in the recipe. Serve the casserole with honey or pancake syrup warmed with orange rind and a splash of orange juice (add one teaspoon rind and two tablespoons juice per 1/2 cup syrup). This easy casserole can be assembled in less than 15 minutes and stored in the refrigerator overnight.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 (16-ounce) sourdough French bread loaf, cut into 24 (1/2-inch) slices
Cooking spray
1 (12-ounce) jar orange marmalade
2 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 large eggs
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preparation
Spread softened butter on one side of each bread slice. Arrange 12 bread slices, buttered side down, slightly overlapping in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread marmalade evenly over bread; top with remaining 12 bread slices, buttered side up.

Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through eggs), stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°.

Sprinkle casserole with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Yield

but we changed it to this,
Sue made like marmalade sandwiches then she cubed the bread , she poured a cup of melted sweet chocolate plus a square of dark bakers chocolate some dark cocoa over the top with the milk and eggs. baked it slow at 275.

Sue cooked some left over marmalade with some Grand Marnier into a syrup and severed over the warm chocolate orange marmalade bread pudding along with a dollop of whipped cream.

What a great recipe! I will try it this weekend! I am getting hungry just reading the ingredients LOL :p

Latest posts