• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Warning about dealing with Auto Anything

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I'm going to vent some frustration here. :x

In Feb. of this year we ordered seatcovers for our 02 Xterra, which we bought to replace our 1977 Scout. It has 133,000 miles on it, but was in excellent shape, except for the cloth SEATS, which showed a lot of wear. Mr. FH found some cameo seat covers at Auto Anything, so we ordered what he wanted. The vehicle was in SD and the seat covers came here to the ranch. Well, you all know how time flies when you're having fun :wink: , right? It took longer for us to get the Xterra here than we figured on. There was a 30 day refund warranty on the seat covers. It was after the warranty period that we were able to install the seat covers--only to find out they didn't fit!!!!!

I contacted the company who told me that a refund was not possible as they could only warranty the seat covers since the 30-day return policy was
outdated. That was okay, so we sent the seat covers back--at our expense, of course. That was April 1. Today, we still have no replacement seat covers!!! We can't simply get a refund as their policy is past that 30 days, is to only REPLACE the seat covers, not refund them. In the meantime, according to them, the manufacturers warehouse burnt down and they had to rebuild the plant and the seatcovers. Estimated time of arrival was the first week of October. It is the 11th and still no seat covers. I called in today and was informed that since the mfg's plant burned that they had to place those orders with another plant owned by the same manufacturer and they didn't know when the seat covers would be available.
I asked them how much patience is a person supposed to have, and that we would appreciate a refund so that we could just go buy some seat covers (which is what I wish we had done in the first place.) Of course, the policy of no refunds after 30 days came into the conversation. I asked the lady on the phone how long could they keep a customers money without providing the product~and I mentioned that a REPUTABLE company would have replaced the seat covers with some from another manufacturer. She said they couldn't do that. :x

So, does anyone here have any suggestions? I told her I was going to give a bad review for Auto Anything any place I could. This has gone on so long, it's ridiculous. Of course, Auto Anything was paid by our credit card long ago, so disputing it is out, as far as I know.

Bottom line, had the seatcovers fit, this wouldn't have been an issue and I think
that is where their company policy is all wet.

I'm wondering what will happen IF we ever get the replacement seat covers and they don't fit?
I asked her that and then asked her how much does one pair of seatcovers and an unhappy customer amount to in this company?
She said if she issued us a refund, they would have to issue everyone else a refund. Sounds like Auto Anything has a lot of warranty issues. I know we'll never buy from them again. FWIW

Did you pay with a credit card? If so you may be able to dispute the charges, however the time for that may have expired, but a quick call will answer that.

I once ordered a couple of reconditioned tools from a reputible online company. They only shipped FedEx which was rare for this area at the time...UPS is king, but FedEx is around. The company I purchased the tools from claims they were delivered, but no tools were to be found. I gave them time to sort it out with FedEx, but like what is happening to you, I got the run around. Finally I called my cc company and they immediately reimbursed me.

The company called a few times and I simply told them "send me the tools that the company you hired didn't deliver, and I will send you the money." They sent it to collections. when collections called I had all the dates and times right infront of me and told them the same thing I told the tool company. Never heard a peep about it again. It's a shame the consumer has to jump through these hoops, but I can't say it happens often (1 time in 33 years) to me. Good luck!

loomixguy said:
A call to your state attorney general might be time well spent.

Good idea. I'll make that call on Monday.
When I originally posted this, I was curious if anyone would say I was out of line an
should be patient longer......but obviously no one thought that, so now I am even more determined.

Thanks!

Latest posts