• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Warning, please read

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I just got this from the wife of a veterinarian:

NOTE: It did not happen to our horses :!:

We have had quite a tradgey at our ranch the last few days, and after talking to my attorney she gave me the go ahead to tell others about it. I wormed 5 of my horses with BIMECTIN wormer on WEDNESDAY, when I went out to give them breakfast on THURSDAY, they looked sick. My vet was contacted. Long story short, by FRIDAY they where down and could not get up, and by saturday and sunday they DIED. The Other horses wormed the same day with a DIFFRENT wormer are FINE. These horses had the same feed, water, hay etc, the ONLY diffrence in the horses was the WORMER. My vet after seeing them told me he HAS seen this
BEFORE. A MASSIVE overdose of wormer. Normally a batch of wormer made too strong at the factory. THIS IS ONLY A SUSPICION ON MY PART. I AM NOT ACCUSSING THE COMPANY, I AM ONLY PUTTING OUT MY STORY TO LET PEOPLE MADE THEIR OWN DECISIONS.
The necropsys will be preformed on the horses and the wormers that i still have from the case with the same lot numbers will be going to independant labs for testing. We lost, 2 young stallions, 1 PREG mare (due in june) 1 yearling, and 1 weanling is still breathing as I type but we expect her to die. Kerry

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I don't know how I'd react, I'm sure anger would come first, then greif. Faster horses, our thoughts and prayers are with you. And I sure hope ya find out for sure what happened. And if it's the company that manufactured the wormers, I hope they have to pay. Not that it will replace good horses, but at least it'd be some compensation. Hang in there!!!!

Must be something to this- In doing a little web searching it appears Country Supply is advising customers to buy other worm products until the questions about Bimectin can be answered- other suppliers still show the product but list that the batch number in question also hasn't been released yet.

Thank you,Faster horses for posting this ,keep us up to speed on this,wonder where the wormer was manufactured,south america or china ?.............good luck

ranch hand said:
http://www.bimeda.com/dotcom/bimjpg.jpg

It tested out okay.

If that is the case, wonder what the cause of death is on the horses given that brand of wormer.

Not gonna get me to use it.

HAY MAKER said:
Thank you,Faster horses for posting this ,keep us up to speed on this,wonder where the wormer was manufactured,south america or china ?.............good luck

Try Illinois; Bimeda.com. I checked out a couple of horse boards and it is being treated more as a hoax than a concern! Time will tell!

Thanks for caring everyone...but it was not our horses. We have an old friend that is a veterinarian in W. Montana and his wife wanted us to be aware of this potential problem so she sent it in an email.

Nope, not our horses!!! Thank goodness!!! :!: :!: :!:

LOL I"m guilty, I read it. Two times, and still thought they were your horses.......I"m glad they ain't tho. Thought maybe that's why you'd been MIA for the last couple days. I guess I just totally skipped readin that first line :lol:

Latest posts