• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Warren to be ostrichsized from Demo Party!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

littlejoe

Reaction score
Can they do that??!!

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—What some insiders are calling a "rash display of backbone" last week could endanger Senator Elizabeth Warren's career as a Democrat, leading party operatives say.

Harland Dorrinson, a strategist who has guided the campaigns of dozens of Democratic candidates, said that the Massachusetts legislator's "recklessly truthful" tirade about banks left him "smacking my head."

"She stood up for what she believed in and didn't try to water it down," he said. "That is a serious violation of the Democratic playbook."

"Whenever you're talking about banks or Wall Street, it's crucial that a Democrat sound as indistinguishable from a Republican as possible," he said. "Apparently, Elizabeth Warren didn't get the memo."

The strategist said that Warren could possibly salvage her career as a Democrat if her advisers dissuade her from further outbursts of integrity in the future.

"There's still hope for her," he said. "But someone needs to sit her down and say, 'We are the party of Dukakis, the party of Mondale. This is not how we roll.' "

She's gaining a lot of momentum , although she has said she won't run. She's a big proponent of raising the min wage (~ 70 % approval among most polls I've seen) even passed several states that the Republicans won. I think she has a shot. I hope so.

Because there is such a thing as a reasonable baseline. Also people should not start out working at 1968 starting wages. Finally, if the polls are correct ~70% of the public approve of raising the min. wage. If the polls are right, I really don't care if Steven Hawking said it was a bad idea-- something about we the people comes into play here.

If the economy was decent a mandated wage would not be needed..

but as is.. the economy can't support the existing wages.

so in the end,.. low paying jobs will either be automated or outsourced to a lower wage country..

Steve said:

so in the end,.. low paying jobs will either be automated or outsourced to a lower wage country..

Alberta has about the lowest Min wage in Canada yet hardly anyone works for min. wage. McDonalds pays close to $15/hour

Big Muddy rancher said:
Steve said:

Alberta has about the lowest Min wage in Canada yet hardly anyone works for min. wage. McDonalds pays close to $15/hour

Simple supply/demand

adding 5 million illegals to your worker roles, will do what to the avg. wage????

I realize minimum wage is a can of worms.

I think people forget that a job exists so that the owner of the business
can make money. If they can't make a profit by hiring you, why do it?
I know ranchers that have cut back so they don't have the headache of
hired help.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Steve said:

We could send the illegals North so that those working at McDonald's could hire their own gardener or housekeeper. :lol:

Faster horses said:
I realize minimum wage is a can of worms.

I think people forget that a job exists so that the owner of the business
can make money. If they can't make a profit by hiring you, why do it?
I know ranchers that have cut back so they don't have the headache of
hired help.
Or became more automated and mechanized to reduce labor.

Like anything else that liberals make a huge deal out of, min. wage does not affect that many people and it would do more damage than good, if it is tinkered with too much.

You do not, or should not, do a major overhaul of such economics, to help a very small % of the population. If anything, subsidize those that fall below the "threshold", do not raise the "threshold" for all, to the point that it is detrimental to all.

Think obamacare

TSR??

What is the optimum "baseline" that would not damage job numbers, or in any other way "upset the apple cart"?

Can a small local grocery in a farming community afford to pay their teenage after school help as much as a small organic market in Los Angeles afford to pay their full time workers?

Why do we never see discussion of, or statements regarding the relation of employee pay to work accomplished to income to the business as related to the ability to remain in business and generate a profit, which it seems must be necessary to remain in business?

Nor do we ever see any comparison between the break even point between government benefits available to people who are seeking jobs.

A granddaughter of mine has recently gotten a job involving stocking shelves at a Target store, among other chores there. She got the job because the person holding the job previously simply walked away and never returned after his shift one day. It happened again recently in her department, with another employee doing the same thing. My gr. dau. is age 24, has four plus years into college, and wants to earn some money before continuing. She lives in a college town and was over qualified for many jobs, and under qualified for others. She says this isn't a bad job. It is varied and keeps one working, but isn't hard. She is a small built person, but very strong and a willing and able worker at a variety of jobs. So far, she is able to keep her use of sarcasm in check when it counts. I don't know what the salary is, but she is grateful to have the job, though she doesn't plan to make that her career. I am very certain she will use the proper channels when she decides to leave that job!

mrj

It is sad that sooooo many like TSR use the unions to get them raises and such instead of HONEST hard work to get them paid a good wage....

Latest posts