• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Was 70° yesterday

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jedstivers

Reaction score
Is 26° right now with snow and sleet. 94% humidity and 13mph north winds.
Cattle aren't really happy with all this foolishness.

-45F here right now. No wind and dry, but I can feel the cold! :nod:

64 to 10. Got just a little rain/freezing rain/snow when it passed. That north wind is the worst part about it all. I was fine before it warmed up and brought that frost out.

I went to WI last weekend. Stoped for gas somewhere in IL and it was 15. Got out and didn't even need a jacket. Was sunny and no wind.

Big Muddy rancher said:
You just had to rub it in. :D :D

Here's our payback. We are in an AZ State Park and we have been totally run over with RV trailers, dogs, side x sides,
4 wheelers, fire pits and LOUD MUSIC on both sides of us! I hope they have to shut it down at 10 pm!!
We are here til Monday, it can't get worse. Can it? :D

It was mid sixties with just a little breeze Thursday until about three o'clock. By four o'clock it was twenty four degrees with freezing rain and twenty mph wind. I had been in and out of my truck all day but had to let it thaw out just to drive home.
Forecast says single digits early next week. That probably means zero here as we're always a little colder than town.

Just a few below 0% yesterday morning....so........we headed for the "SD Banana Belt".....aka The Black Hills! It was uncharacteristically cold in Rapid City! Snowed on us from Belvidere to nearly Wall, SD, then that improved, but stayed pretty cold until near noon in RC. There were snow flurries occasionally, but did warm up a bit. Back to cold weather when we headed east, and was about -5% by 9PM here. Not sure what our high was today, but still too darn cold for old ladies! Some snow is predicted tomorrow afternoon, then a couple of warmer, dryer days.

Cows seem to be handling it pretty well, tho, and still have some grazing, but heifers are in the lot. Chores aren't too bad, so some extra jobs are on the agenda, and some have actually progressed. But too much personal and paid for energy (aka propane, other fuels) are needed to stay safe and reasonably comfortable, yet keep the work going forward.

mrj

My wife asked when is it going to warm up I said Thursday about noon we will land in Miami FL should be sunny an 75 ha ha

Latest posts