• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Was there a competing bid?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ocm

Reaction score
I heard a rumor. Does somebody know the facts?

I heard that the Beef Board received a bid from someone else other than the NCBA for some beef promotion activity. I heard that it was a lower bid but the Beef Board gave it to NCBA anyway.

If it is a government mandated tax (Supreme Court opinion), then all contracts should be done by competitive bid like they are on other government run situations.

Anybody with facts. Anybody have access to Beef Board minutes.

THe Beef Board need a good lesson in marketing and promotion. They lived off the Atkins Diet and now it is going away......guess we will find out if they really know how to market and promote.........Printing a few recipies, playing the BEEF song, and figuring out you can take a chuck roast and make a steak out of it...(Hell I have been doing that for 20 years!!) is some great marketing deal.....bullshit! :roll:

i myself do like what the beef board has done so far. Yes granted Dr. adkins helped but go to the freezer section at the grocery store and stand there and just watch the people come in and buy the ready made beef meals. It is unreal not saying the beef board did it but they didnt hurt either. People live a fast paced life in the east. They (we) dont slow down for nothing. So i myself feel we sell a heck of a lot more ready made beef than we do uncooked. Just my opinion.

Latest posts