• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Washin Machine vs. Cell Phone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Who do you think won?

Lil Lilly had thrown a load of her stuff in the washer one night last week, kinda late. before she went to bed. I had a load to go in after hers. As I was takin her jeans out, I always do a final sweep with my hand, just in case there's any Laundry money, etc in the washer. Wellllll.......there wasn't any money, but.........final sweep brought up a cell phone. :shock: HERS!!!! Oh man, I was upset. I didnt wanna hafta go thru the hassle of gettin a new phone, gettin it turned on..etc not to mention the cost. So I sat down at the bar in the kitchen and took the battery off the back. LOL it's got water dropplets all over it. Got my lil bitty screw driver that is for eyeglasses and took all the screws outta the back of it. Pried it apart......seen all it's goodies inside......and propped it open with a couple ball point pens so it could dry. I didnt have much hope for it. The next evenin I put it all back together, and sat with my finger over the button to turn it on. Fully expectin nothin to happen when I did push it. Low and Behold the thing turned on!!!!!! It's one of them camera phones. and I noticed right away, that where the lil flash and eye thingy are for the camera is gettin extreeeeeemly hot!!!! so I turned it off again. I had noticed the lil contacts that made the camera part work......so thought ok....if it's put back together with a piece of electrical tape between those contacts, that should fix it to where there's nothin goin into the camera part.......ok take them itty bitty screws out again (I"m amazed I didn't PING one across the room and loose it) put a small tiny piece of black electrical tape over that one lil contact, and put the screws back in.....Whallla!!!!! It works, and nothins gettin hot. Actually keeps a charge better now than it did before it's trip thru the washin machine. Yeahhhhhhhh I fixed it for FREE!!!!!!!!!

Good Job! you have a steady hand and lots of patients-I know where to send the cells next time-sounds like way better service than at the local cell phone place that takes 2 hrs to get into.
:wink:

I was in the basement once....walking along and had my cell phone in my hand. One of the dogs ran in front of me, I stumbled and just as purty as you please my phone flew from my hand and landed in the basement toilet!!

It was a perfect arch and plop!!

I dove in and got it....took it all apart and put it under fan to dry out...and workd perfect!!!

One time when hubby was driving truck he stuck his Mike phone in the cup holder on the dash, as always, but this time his coffee cup had sprung a leak, and the cup holder was a quarter full of coffee! He picked up his phone to use, and it was running coffee. He set it over the defrost vents, and left it all day, and was surprised to find it worked when he turned it on. Sometimes you do get lucky.

I bush hogged mine last week. I still have most of the parts in a sack. I think I will send it to you for repairs.

I went to visit my FIL at the pit a year ago and his forman was walking around a big old Cat dozer looking, looking.. Asked him what was up. his phone had dropped out of his pocket while he had climed in and he had worked for a while. Eventualy he pulled the dozer foreward and there the phone was..Packed down nicely in the clan fill.... I can't recall if it still worked but it was still in one piece amazingly enough.

My vet wasn't so lucky once. As she pulled away and drove down the steet I found her phone laying on the ground.. It was in about 20 pieces. She came back about 5 minutes later asking if I had seen her phone.. I looked at the hired guy with me and just busted out laughing as Ipulled it out of my pocket for her. She used some not so lady like comments and said it was the 3rd phone she ad destroyed that year.Whoops.

I now know for a fact that you can do anything lilly! Anyone who can take stuff apart and put it back together and it works is a Saint in my Book. I have trouble taking off the beaters from an electric mixer!!!!lol :lol2:

Wife dropped the digital camera and it doesn't work. So what do you suggest Jersey Lilly? Hate to send it in as it costs more than the camera. She put in new batteries and that didn't help.

Latest posts