• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

watching the auction on RFD TV

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
its on now, and I see little to no difference in cattle prices from last week..........good luck PS if anything ,its better.

SLA Auction today. Ralph just sold a set of RFID tagged calves out of Florida. He said they came with software!!!!!!! I wonder if they crash you can re-boot them???? Do you get an owners manual with them??? You do not need the blue collar comedy tour.....just turn on a SLA Video auctions!
:roll: :roll:

CattleCo said:
SLA Auction today. Ralph just sold a set of RFID tagged calves out of Florida. He said they came with software!!!!!!! I wonder if they crash you can re-boot them???? Do you get an owners manual with them??? You do not need the blue collar comedy tour.....just turn on a SLA Video auctions!
:roll: :roll:

Free software????????????? Gee, CattleCo, my dad taught me to "never look a gift horse in the mouth".

I cannot believe all these companies, auction firms, etc are saying they have a national database.....................give me a break! Just what is a national database??? I would say it is one that has national access???? All the government wants is the trail these animals go when they leave the farm/ranch of oirgin. All these private data warehouse popping up are not needed for goernment compliance.....period! THe government needed to have the NATIONAL DATABASE........We are doing this for trace back in case of a disease problem. SO what is so damn confidential of where a beast has been and where ii is going???? We have a paper trail now, health certificaes, brand records.......all these people in the private sector are causing confusion in the industry when it comes to databases. I wish all of them would shut the hell up and let the USDA do their job!

CattleCo, these source Verified RFID tagged cattle sell for more because McDonalds tells the feedlots and packers they will pay more for RFID tagged animals with RECORDS .Laura's Lean Beef from Kentucky does the same but even pays more than McDonalds.Those cattle buyers want data on each animal that matches those tag numbers.The auction site www.cattlerange.com has the same system and they want RFID tagged cattle for their online auction too.The race is on to get those calves tagged in order to get to the highest level of returns and the cowcalf man is responding.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that their was little fluctuation in the prices on Superior...Was at the local sale today watching mostly cows and bulls and saw they were steady to down a couple cents...Talked to a couple of old cow buyers that said they didn't think even a confirmed positive would effect the price much :) -- Said their is usually a little normal early June drop in cow and bull prices- which they aren't even seeing much of this year... They claim demand is high....As long as the border stays closed.....

Bulls selling from $60-90
Cows were selling $55-70 with even skinny canners bringing $45-50

Latest posts