• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ways to show "Love" to your spouses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
I thought you might get some ideas from the lists below. I think it is essential to cherish your spouses in every way possible to continue cultivating the relationship so that love can grow stronger for many years to come. Sometimes we as humans become so involved in our work that we leave the essential things in our lives for later... Here are a few ideas to say "I Love You" that don't cost money, just a little time and willingness.

Ways you can show your husband that you love him:1.When you go out on a date together don't bring up problems—have fun instead.
2.Give him half an hour to unwind after he gets home from work. Your evenings will be much more enjoyable
3. Talk with him about having specific family goals for each year to work on to achieve together so you will both feel closer to each other as a marital team.
4. Rub his feet or neck, or scratch his back after a hard day.
5. Tell him how proud you are of him for who he is (giving him specific reasons).
6. Take special notice for what he has done for you and the family.
7. Tell him 3 things you specifically appreciate about him.
8. Do some shoulder-to-shoulder activities with him (like watching a movie or taking a drive together) without talking. Sometimes men just like to BE with you and not talk.
9. Treat him as if God has stamped on his forehead: "Handle With Care."
10. Thank him for things he's done around the house. (It means a lot to men).
11. Tell him you love him more often.
12. Surrprise him with a 15 second kiss when he gets home from work.
13. Put love notes in his pockets and brief case.
14. Take him for a weekend get-away without the children.
15. Hide notes for him around the house where only he will find them

Ways to show love to your wife:1. Express to her that you need and value her.
2. Show interest in her friends and give her time to be with them.
3. Do something active together to lift her spirit —even taking a walk hand-in-hand.
4. Find something that makes you laugh together.
5. Be a good listener. Show her you value what she says
6. Plan a mini-honeymoon, where the two of you can spend quality time together.
7. Take her out to breakfast or make her breakfast (cleaning up afterward).
8. Get up in the middle of the night (let her stay in bed) to take care of your upset child.
9. Sit close to her —even when you are just watching television.
10. Enourage her to relax in some way while you clean up after dinner.
11. Continue to court her. You dated her before marriage which helped you to fall in love, now date her to STAY in love.
12. Surprise her by giving her a special gift from time to time.
13. Don't forget to hold her hand in public like you used to when you dated her.
14. Honor her by not disagreeing with her in front of the children.
15. Surprise her by doing some things around the house that she's wanted done.

Wow thats neat.thanks for reminding us. Just hope the wife dos,nt see this.Love the husband part.well maybe the other part is good to.

A true love will take the liners out of your felt-packs at night and scrape the toast down to the colour you like every morning. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
A true love will take the liners out of your felt-packs at night and scrape the toast down to the colour you like every morning. :wink:

I absolutely refuse to stick my hand in his crunchy, stinky, wadded up socks before dumping them in the washer. If it can make it through the washer AND dryer without changing shape - I figure they deserve to be laid to rest in his sock drawer (besides - it's cheap entertainment when 'those' are the only ones left to choose from :wink: )

We have a loveless marriage - the dog is the only one that can remove non-removable liners and he doesn't eat breakfast :p :D

#15 just kills me :?
15. Hide notes for him around the house where only he will find them :roll: :roll: :roll: It would be an act of god if he found it .... then I would have to go find his glasses so he could read it !!! :D :D

S.S.A.P. said:
gcreekrch said:

I absolutely refuse to stick my hand in his crunchy, stinky, wadded up socks before dumping them in the washer. If it can make it through the washer AND dryer without changing shape - I figure they deserve to be laid to rest in his sock drawer (besides - it's cheap entertainment when 'those' are the only ones left to choose from :wink: )

We have a loveless marriage - the dog is the only one that can remove non-removable liners and he doesn't eat breakfast :p :D

#15 just kills me :?
15. Hide notes for him around the house where only he will find them :roll: :roll: :roll: It would be an act of god if he found it .... then I would have to go find his glasses so he could read it !!! :D :D

Hi "S.S.A.P,"
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this thread. I just believe that it doesn't matter how much one can love a man, or how good he is, he still need basic training when dealing with matters of the heart. I just thought the ideas above were interesting and maybe it could be beneficial to someone...

SB,u can sure give a feller something to ponder on. :lol:
those are some very good ideas and i agree 100%.thanks for sharing your ideas.

i have found that time and willingness will bring happiness.tho, love has cost me some money it has been a good investment.

some of those ideas will work on an EX-love if applied properly. :D

Far be it from me to give advice on this subject... but it seems to me like only one is necessary...with just on little modification as to gender.

11. Continue to court her/him. You dated her/him before marriage which helped you to fall in love, now date her/him to STAY in love.

Wouldn't keeping that part alive pretty much take care of the others? Treating each other after marriage no differently than before. Maybe I don't understand by not having walked in those shoes...

allen57 said:
Far be it from me to give advice on this subject... but it seems to me like only one is necessary...with just on little modification as to gender.

11. Continue to court her/him. You dated her/him before marriage which helped you to fall in love, now date her/him to STAY in love.

Wouldn't keeping that part alive pretty much take care of the others? Treating each other after marriage no differently than before. Maybe I don't understand by not having walked in those shoes...

I find the modification to be perfect. Suggestion number 11 is very important because love is like a plant, you must dedicate time and effort to keep it blooming! I can't give any advice neither because I have never been married; I just can provide ideas for others...

Latest posts