• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

We are AI'ing cows and heifers this week.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
Over the weekend we gave shots to heifers and will be AI'ing them the next few days, and tomarrow we are doing the same to the cows. This is always a fun week for me. I really like matching up the type of cow with the bulls we will be using. Below are photos of the bulls we will be using.

Here is LMG Gills Miles Ahead 9565 - Reg. # 1325581- we are using him for both AI and Natural service on the heifers. This photo was taken 2 years ago on weaning day.

Here is LMG Gills Vin Diesel 7611 on grass as a 3 year old. Reg. # 1212237 He will be used hard on cows.

Here is WR Mr. Red Dawg 5335 Reg. # 1046249 We will AI a handful of cows to him

This is CT Grand Statement 1025 Reg. # 1365711
We will be using him hard on cows and a few heifers.

This is 1DRA VICTORY 0034 - he will be used quite hard as well on both ocws and heifers.

This is LMG Gill Pasquole 9042W Reg. # 1338377, we sold him in 2010 and we are AI'ing a group of our heifers to him

Here is LMG Gills No Doubt 9018W - Reg. # 1325554 He will be used on cows.

Here is LMG Gills Red Dawg 9906 Reg. # 1356725 He will be used on cows.

Like the Vin Diesel, Red Dawg 5335, Victory and No Doubt bulls the best. They have the combination of muscle, capacity and extension to give them balance. The Grand Statement is hard for me to appreciate much in that photo, but I imagine he was plenty fat at the time. The Pasquole bull is a bit short-hipped and sided compared to the bulls you normally show us, but I suppose for heifers you might have some other reasons to place faith in him. The overall thickness, ruggedness and apparent growth potential in these cattle is right up my alley.

High Plains said:
Like the Vin Diesel, Red Dawg 5335, Victory and No Doubt bulls the best. They have the combination of muscle, capacity and extension to give them balance. The Grand Statement is hard for me to appreciate much in that photo, but I imagine he was plenty fat at the time. The Pasquole bull is a bit short-hipped and sided compared to the bulls you normally show us, but I suppose for heifers you might have some other reasons to place faith in him. The overall thickness, ruggedness and apparent growth potential in these cattle is right up my alley.

I appreciate the comments - The Pasquole bull is thicker and longer that the photo showes, maybe not as much as the other bulls photo'd, but above average for the breed. He is a calving ease bull, and is a result of an embryo, that came out of the Lucht Red Angus program in MT. I saw his dam, and a few maternal sisters of him, and they were all very deep, good footed, thick, and had an excellent udder, and they are easy keeping. He is an outcross to our program, and I think he will bring alot to the table.

Latest posts