• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

We Lost One Tuesday

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy

Reaction score
LOOMIX dealer Jay Huesser of Preston, Idaho, was killed in a single vehicle accident Tuesday morning in Box Elder county, Utah, on I-84.

Reports weren't very clear, but apparently at a minimum a front tire blew out or otherwise separated from the delivery truck he was driving. The vehicle crossed the median and both lanes of the interstate going other direction, then rolled a minimum of 3 times, coming to rest right side up. Jay was wearing a seatbelt, but during the accident worked loose of it and was ejected from the truck. Authorities say he was killed instantly. The tanks on the truck were believed to be full or nearly full. I have no idea if weather was any factor in the accident.

Jay's enthusiasm for life and LOOMIX was contagious. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

It's that time of year, folks. Slow down. Set your speed not only to the road conditions, but to your load. A one ton isn't a 379 Pete. Use your head and arrive alive. Your family will thank you for it.

I read about that accident and sure felt bad for him and his family. Roads have been really icy with temps in the teens during the day and south of zero a ways at night.

If you ever met Jay, you'd never forget him.

From the pic I saw of the truck, it sure looked like what was left of a Dodge. I know the older models had more than their share of front end problems. I hope the insurance company or LEO's do a thorough investigation to determine just what happened....tire failure or more.

The main problem I see with the newer dealers is they haul way more gallons than they can safely handle weight wise, then they drive like they're at Indy on top of it. I guess I'm a little cautious, as Dad never owned a pickup with power steering or brakes that he'd let me use until I was out of high school. Add old 750/16 split rims with bias tires so thin you could read a Gideon Bible through the plies, and I learned real fast about steering and stopping. Folks today are pretty spoiled when it comes to vehicles....my wife & kids especially.

So sorry to hear of a loss of a friend.
Mr. FH has maintained for years that the auto companies can get the vehicles going fast, but they weren't doing much to slow them down. Since he has owned 1-ton dually's he always made sure to have an exhaust brake installed on his pickups and now they come installed from the factory, so that is a help. But, yes. a 1-ton is not easy to stop when pulling a trailer and they aren't a Pete.

Thanks for your words of caution, Loomixguy. Maybe your words will save a life.

Sad way to end the year. Let us know what the investigation turns up.

Lost another one.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/30871310/pat-goggins-the-most-recognized-name-in-livestock-agriculture-remembered?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Q2_News

Roundup said:
Lost another one.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/30871310/pat-goggins-the-most-recognized-name-in-livestock-agriculture-remembered?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Q2_News

I hadn't heard. Thanks for posting this. Indeed, Pat was one of the most recognized names in the livestock industry....at least
in these parts and most likely in other states as well. He built an empire.

Latest posts