• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weak calf

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Frustrated

Reaction score
Have a 3 week old calf. It has been a fight. The calf will not nurse. And rarely will suck on a bottle. Have had to tube her. It did suck on a bottle for 4 feedings a week ago. Now just plays with the bottle nipple. And does a half doze sucks and then stops. The calf is week. It can stand but most often lays. The calf has no temperature. Gave it a shot of LA200 just in case. Also gave it a shot of Multi-min and vitamine B. Even fed it electrolytes even though it is not scouring. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Have a 3 week old calf. It has been a fight. The calf will not nurse. And rarely will suck on a bottle. Have had to tube her. It did suck on a bottle for 4 feedings a week ago. Now just plays with the bottle nipple. And does a half doze sucks and then stops. The calf is week. It can stand but most often lays. The calf has no temperature. Gave it a shot of LA200 just in case. Also gave it a shot of Multi-min and vitamine B. Even fed it electrolytes even though it is not scouring. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?
gcreekrch would say that ya can't kill-em all......some are just not meant to live......good luck.....

Sometimes calves can be determined to die and it's hard to figure out what their problem is. One thing I like to have on hand is fastrack. Anytime one needs doctored I give them one. Really gets them going and helps their energy and appetite. https://fastrackprobiotic.com/fastrack-calf-bolus/
Thank you for your response. I have given her a couple doses of "Probios". Same thing?

Give it a shot of VISON blackleg and a shot of bose, some people around here swear by ralco, i have had mixed results however. the vaccines may trip its system in to going to work

Give it a shot of VISON blackleg and a shot of bose, some people around here swear by ralco, i have had mixed results however. the vaccines may trip its system in to going to work
Ralgro for weak calves? I never heard of that. Usually you give Ralgro after calves have a little age on them. I can agree with the Bos-E.

Latest posts