• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather, OT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

FH,

Lots of moisture in NE Oregon, warmed things up and dumped a lot of snow High, hoping it gets to you,

PPRM

Faster horses said:
I keep searching for the 30's you promised were coming, Oldtimer, but I haven't found them yet, and I'm clear up to Friday.

It is a cold hummer out there.

Isn't too bad here today- 12 degrees and the sun is trying to shine -NO WIND- we got about an inch of new fluffy snow during the night...My son just called me from Glendive and said its snowing pretty good there now...

They're saying more snow and cold- possibly 20 below or lower Tues night up here, but then a warmup- still predicting 30's and possibly 40's by the end of next week.....

At least the snow is making the water situation sound better for next year- I heard on the radio that many of the drainages are well above normal for snowfall- some as much as 160%...Maybe ranchwife knows since this is her area, but I think I heard Big Sky was reporting more snowpack on Lone Mountain for November then ever before in their 30 years of operation- over 100 inches of snowfall already this year.....

cold, windy and blowing snow here...many neighbors are drifted in and the hubby attached the snow-blower to the case today and cleared our land so i can (hopefully) get to work in the morning....weather forecast is calling for highs in the single digits by monday!!! :shock: I have no problem with the snow (the more the better, I say), but the cold just bites you to the bone!

Little nippy this morning- 16 below- Weather boys were a little off with their prediction of 5 below....Now they are predicting lows of 10 below thru Tues and possibly 20-30 below for Tues night- highs around 0.....But still saying chinook winds and temps in the +30's by Friday.....Was going to haul a few culls to the sale Wed., but if its 20 below they can wait a week or two...

With the new snow and the temps supposed to stay this way for a few days, I got feeling sorry for the old girls- rolled them out some bales this morning....Some of them were starting to push the fenceline looking at the haypens.....Still 2 below here now...

Sounds like some of this cold will be diving all the way down to Haymakers country this week--I will be happy to share it and trade it for the chinook......

Oldtimer said:
Little nippy this morning- 16 below- Weather boys were a little off with their prediction of 5 below....Now they are predicting lows of 10 below thru Tues and possibly 20-30 below for Tues night- highs around 0.....But still saying chinook winds and temps in the +30's by Friday.....Was going to haul a few culls to the sale Wed., but if its 20 below they can wait a week or two...

With the new snow and the temps supposed to stay this way for a few days, I got feeling sorry for the old girls- rolled them out some bales this morning....Some of them were starting to push the fenceline looking at the haypens.....Still 2 below here now...

Sounds like some of this cold will be diving all the way down to Haymakers country this week--I will be happy to share it and trade it for the chinook......

Yeah,it's supposed to be in the twenties next week,and predicting some showers,so I guess its gonna be nasty,I already got a fire roaring in the fireplace and the necessitie's to hole up bout a week :wink: ..........good luck

BMr; You're halfway to Texas (from my house anyways)......is it any warmer down there on the "tropical" border?? Hope you're feeding them stock and not holing up in the house like your good Texas buddy!!!

Geez I wish I could sit out the cold spells like Haymaker. I have to head up your way first thing in the morning. I have to go to Saskatoon for Wildlife Advisory meetings for 2 days. I sure don't feel like it but at least I have some help for part of this week.

It seems we will not see the 30s until Saturday :( - - -- lows 10 to 15 above and highs 15 to 25 all week. I just hope we get enought sun to get rid of some of the ice. :) It is dangerous to walk. :???: There is enough crust that if you take a different path each time you can get some traction. :)

The roads are clear and we don't have any precipitation in the forecast so it could be much worse. :D

At least all the forecast are in the + side of things. Had to go to the son's hog floor yesturday and drill a heat unit out of a nipple waterer. I don't like the set up and will go back to help him improve it later today.

He is taking advantage of the weather to open some drainage ditches on the farm he and his new wife bought from her parents. :D I have low ground pressure pads ( extra wide) on the excavator but it is so swampy where these ditches are ( no attention for 30 or more years) that the frozen ground lets us go well. :D With the horsepower and weight of the unit digging the frozen ground is not a problem. Just break thru once then rip the top off and dig under it. :D :D

The new Daughter-in-law was very impressed that he could just walk up to trees 24" in diameter and push them over, pick up the tree root ball and all and just walk over to the pile and lay it on top. Its so easy to impress them when you have only been married 2 weeks. :D :wink:

We (S.W. Sask) seen the 30's last night ...... MINUS 30.7 C on the digital thermometer. -30 C is about -22 F

It is -15C (+6F) now with a few snow flurries and no wind, (knock on wood)!

Almost got to 20 below last night (-19.9)--Up toward the Canadian line at Whitewater got to -32....Picked up about an inch of new fluffy snow last night too......No wind :) ......

Still -7....Weather boys say 2 or 3 more days of this and then a heat wave coming (+30's) :) :D :) .......

It was -15 here this a.m....at this rate, we're not going to see the ice go off the trees, fences, roads, pastures til spring...was hoping for a few "warm" days of sun just to get rid of the ice for the winter...doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon...it's still -9 now and tomorrow is supposed to be as cold as today except we'll be getting a little more wind.

Sure hope people get powered up soon everywhere, they are running a few towns (sections) with generators to try and let people get their houses and such back to above freezing so there's little to no water damage when the power does finally get going.

Stay warm and get plenty of #1 fuel in them tractors and feed in them horses and cattle -- they're gonna need it!!!

Latest posts