• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather Update, 11:06 MDT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER said:
Denny said:
Faster horses said:
Good idea, BMR!!! Although I doubt if we could beat cert or Denny. Gets REALLY green in Minnesota and Ohio!!

But we could beat them if we could photograph wind... :wink:

Oh haymaker would have us all beat ain't anyone that windy.

That's pretty big talk,coming from someone that can blow up the Good Year blimp :shock: .............good luck boy

I learned from the best there windy LOL :lol2:

Had 2 little snow squalls blow through East Central Alberta on Sunday for Easter. Only amounted to settling the dust though. Stayed above zero on the thermometer all through it, too. 'Bout 55F here today, beautiful out. The countryside's gotta green tinge to it now. :D

Raining like crazy here and the way the temp is dropping Im scared we could see some snow. :roll: This weather is really bad on the little calves.

8:11 here rained most of the day hard to tell how much cause most of it came side ways. Whitened the hills about supper time but I think the moisture has stopped but not the wind.

Big Muddy rancher said:
8:11 here rained most of the day hard to tell how much cause most of it came side ways. Whitened the hills about supper time but I think the moisture has stopped but not the wind.

Big Muddy- We got a little mist around noon- nothing else today...The sky is clearing in the west here now-- Wind is still howling- but the temp is going up- its 48 now and thats the highest I saw it all day.....Predicting the wind will howl all day tomorrow, so it may be dry enough I can get some cows hauled out to grass on Thursday- altho its sometimes tough to round up trucks and a crew on sale day......

The weatherman said this morning that we were in the cross hairs and we are. It is absolutely terrible out there. We got that 1.5" rain last night and wind and snow during the night. Warm enough that it didn't accumulate, but it is so daggum wet!!!! I left work at 3 pm to come home and I am glad I did. The roads were real slushy and 44 mph winds made driving the pits.
Now it is getting colder and the snow is starting to pile up. We have 30 head of pairs that have blown into a fence corner and can't get them moved (we tried.) This is one of the worse storms I have seen for along time. So WET!! It could last til tomorrow about noon or to 6 pm. I'm hoping for noon...Wish us luck!!!

How are you faring, Tap? Mt. Rancher?

It's a little after nine tonight and we've only gottne about a 1/2" of rain and snow together, been windy as heck all day though. My parents had around 6" of snow and rain in Belle Fourche, SD.

Faster horses said:
The weatherman said this morning that we were in the cross hairs and we are. It is absolutely terrible out there. We got that 1.5" rain last night and wind and snow during the night. Warm enough that it didn't accumulate, but it is so daggum wet!!!! I left work at 3 pm to come home and I am glad I did. The roads were real slushy and 44 mph winds made driving the pits.
Now it is getting colder and the snow is starting to pile up. We have 30 head of pairs that have blown into a fence corner and can't get them moved (we tried.) This is one of the worse storms I have seen for along time. So WET!! It could last til tomorrow about noon or to 6 pm. I'm hoping for noon...Wish us luck!!!

How are you faring, Tap? Mt. Rancher?

good luck fasterhorses,I guess weather is gonna be wild this year,had base ball sized hail knocking out windshields just north of me & and strong winds,nothing around here tho,weather man sez 40% chance of rain tommorow............good luck

Hope ya get some rain there Haymaker, hate to see anyone in a drought. It is raining so hard here that it is almost impossible to see. I was trying to wait it out so I could go rebed everyone up with straw but it doesnt look like it is going to let up. We ve had well over an inch and a half.

FH, Hope your cattle make out okay. We had a problem like that a year ago during a blizzard ended up with a calf with a badly broken leg. Dont ya wish we could split this kind of wet weather up over the summer months?

It got to about 70 here today thats about 12 or 14 days in a row.We are getting some rain now which we could use its getting a bit dry and dusty.2 weeks ago we were knee deep in mud how fast it changes.I burnt a 40 acre hay meadow a couple weeks ago now we have burning bans on all around.

Wednesday morning, The rain has quit for now the wind seems to have let up or I am just getting used to it. The power has been out all night. Put the tractor on the generator about 4 this morning. This rain is sure soaking in nice. Guess the dakotas and eastern sask got it worse.

We need the rain badly here in central Nebraska, the dang wind has blown horribly for 3 days now, just loaded 3 semi's with fats and between the wind creating dust...and the cattle looked like a damn tornado out there. I sure am ready for a nice calm warm sunny day...that ends with a nice soaking late afternooon rain.

Too muddy for him to get computer, so I told him I would keep it legged up. Looks good for this time of year here, lots of green showing up. Bugs have got the Alfalfa the last couple of times I did get to hay, but crested did good. Hope this is getting any grass hoppers that I seen. Waiting for a break to check cows, hate to go mess with them and cause a bigger wreck if they are all bedded down somewhere out of the wind and snow. Time will tell I guess.

rancher said:
Too muddy for him to get computer, so I told him I would keep it legged up. Looks good for this time of year here, lots of green showing up. Bugs have got the Alfalfa the last couple of times I did get to hay, but crested did good. Hope this is getting any grass hoppers that I seen. Waiting for a break to check cows, hate to go mess with them and cause a bigger wreck if they are all bedded down somewhere out of the wind and snow. Time will tell I guess.

I hear you about checking the cows. Can due more harm if they get up to come to the truck then if they just stay where they are. I don't think I could get up the hills to check.

'Snain'....here in WYO we call that 'Snert' cross between snow and dirt :D
We had buckets of rain, snow the size of quarters, more rain and 50 mph wind. :?

Kate/wy said:
'Snain'....here in WYO we call that 'Snert' cross between snow and dirt :D
We had buckets of rain, snow the size of quarters, more rain and 50 mph wind. :?

50 mph wind :!: I didn't think the wind blew in Wyoming.

Under 60 MPH. :wink: :cowboy:

Our electricity has just come on after being off since daybreak. I talked to a friend in Ekalaka and their power had been off for 24 hours before ours went out. He said they have 7' and 8' drifts. We don't have drifts anything like that that I can see anyway.

It is a real mess outside. What we got just about matches mtranchers. And we didn't bother the cattle either, believing you can create more
problems than you can solve.

It is breaking up now, so we will venture out and see what all happened.

I'm hoping Tap got along all right. I think Belle Fourche got more snow than we did, or at least it built up more. Ours melted for a long time.

Latest posts