• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
Moved cattle to the other place the other day. Just a mile or 2 as the crow flies. Rode out to check on them at first light this morning. Had to make sure my fencing job was holding up and there wasn't any bloat. Bit more grass in this field than where they were. And have some heavy bred heifers due in a few months. Like to keep an eye on the "kids". Pretty good frost on this morning and still not over 45 yet at lunch time. Had to trade the straw hat for a ball cap and went back in after a bandana, denim coat and gloves. Kinda chilly when 2 days ago it was almost 70 and sunny. And the wind blows at the top of the hill.

Wondering how everyone else's weather is holding up. I know north of the 49 is probably real cold and I've seen the pics of montana snow and the folk wearing coats and gloves in the sandhills.

How goes it in the "southern" cattle world?

Days are still in the 90s, we've had a few cool mornings,(60s) feels nice now to not wake up and walk outside and it be 90 degrees at 7:30 am.
We usually dont get our first frost until late Novemeber. Still have hay that needs to be cut and baled, had been holdin off hopin we'd get a lil rain to give it a boost, but guess that's not gonna happen.
guess you could technically say, summers not over here yet lol

Sounds quite nice we had 10 inches of snow on october 5th and 6th then it warmed up again so can't complain. -4 out this morning with a good frost guess I'll start to feed the cows this weekend and finnish cutting the firewood.

Been almost too nice here- Temps in the high 60's, low 70's- with lows down around 30-40....I've talked with a few people that are coming up with sick calves that think the warm days and big temp variance is causing it....

Ours is the same as yours OT, absolutely beautiful is what I call it :) Haven't had any sick calves, knock on wood! Had two little rains, enough to start greening things up, one more would be nice :wink:

After a day of drizzle off and on, its just hanging at freezing, and we have an inch or so of snow on the ground tonight, and more coming down. I hope it doesn't get carried away. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice again. Sure hope the weatherman is right.

Its starting to warm up again here in Australia. We have had about 2" of rain in the past week. Thats pretty good for this time of the year. We have had our first storm. Our state has gone from 77% drought down to 33% which is in the right direction.

Colin

Latest posts