• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Texan

Reaction score
How's the weather where you are? Any of you guys dealing with winter storm conditions yet?

The NWS has been talking about this impending storm in the northern mountain and plains states for days now. Hard to imagine here because it's still in the mid-90's every day and plenty dry. One of the things I miss about Oldtimer - he was really good about keeping everybody posted on the weather.

A strong storm over Northern High Plains will move eastward to the
U.S./Canadian border in the Upper Mississippi Valley by Monday evening.
The system will produce an early season winter storm over parts of the
Northern Intermountain Region eastward to parts of the Northern High
Plains. The storm will produce heavy snow, strong winds, and potential
blizzard conditions to the region through Sunday night/Monday morning.
Winter storm warnings and advisories are in effect from the interior
Pacific Northwest through to parts of the Northern High Plains. As much
as 1 to 3 feet (locally more) of snow is possible, especially across
Western Montana which would create dangerous to impossible travel
conditions across the region. This system will also usher in a very cold
airmass, with temperatures 15 to 30 degrees below average across much of
the Northwest. Many daily record low maximum temperature records are
possible through Monday, especially across the Northern Great
Basin/Rockies, and Northern California.

Rain off and on most of yesterday, pretty steady late afternoon into the night, snow started this morning here. ground not quite white yet but the satellite dish keeps getting covered and shutting the signal down for the TV.
West of us is to get the brunt of the snow.

Over on the MT/AB border, north of Shelby Montana, about a foot of snow, i-15 closed most of the time last nite due to semis jackknifed, and cars spun out.. Roads a terrible all the way to Lethbridge Ab. BUT we are sitting pretty compared to my neighbors to the west. Most roads are closed around Browning and Cutbank Montana and Cardston, Waterton Park Alberta They have received in the neighborhood of 3 ft of snow so far, with snow expected to continue till Monday afternoon. Gotta love Northern Montana/Southern Alberta :D :D :D :cboy:

Here in Northeast WY next to the Big Horn mountains, we have had rain yesterday and last night on and off. Only like .10" showing in the rain gauge. It keeps misting. Our irrigating water was shut off yesterday because it is to get colder. They are calling for 38 for a high on Tuesday and 29 for low.Then it looks like it will get back into the 60's. I love Indian Summer!

I have a question. What brand of weather stations does everyone like? We have a LaCross and it's not very good. When it rains the monitor gives us ----. Doesn't show the rain so we depend on a rain gauge set on a fence post. I'd like to get another GOOD one that actually works. I have heard Acurite stations are better. Comments, please.

Rotten weather, for sure. Don't see how some of you guys can operate having to face those extremes that hit so hard and fast. Guess I'll keep my mid-90's and dry, and just learn to appreciate it better. Good luck to all of you that are having to deal with that mess.

It is very dry here in west central Texas.Been supplementing pasture with hay and cubes for the last 40 days.Has gotten really bad in the last 15.We need a rain :help: .I'm dipping into my Winter feed stockpile now.Looks like I may have to thin my herd :cry2: if some rain doesn't come soon.

Sun shine and warming up here. Don't know how you southerners deal with it ;)

As my old college girlfriend used to say.............."Nice that we are having weather". Hard to argue with that.

Still just like summer here - 98° at my place yesterday.

Des Moines airport had 4 inches of rain the first two days of the month and more heavy expected this weekend. Not ready for winter!

It was in the mid-90's here Thursday, but a front blew in yesterday and it's in the mid-30's this morning. That's pretty darn cold for us for the first half of October. Fall is my favorite time of year, so it figures that we'll miss it completely by going straight from summer into winter. LOL

How's it going for the rest of you? I'm sure some of you are probably dealing with some real winter weather compared to what I'm griping about, right?

East of us in North Dakota and Manitoba got a couple feet of snow. Pretty rough out that way.

Cold and windy here for this early I the fall, below normal temps for sure.

Friends of ours who live in OK...their daughter was born there, she is 4 years old. It got cold there too.
Little girl went out the door, stopped and said, "I SMELL COLD." :lol:

If she wants to really smell cold she could head north....she's a pistol... :D

Latest posts