• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weaver Quarter Horse Dispersal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I was at a AQHA show here recently and it is really hard to get enough for a point class...... Was talking to a guy from Colorado and he said that the stallion classes are really down all over the country....... Alot of the classes were empty...........

Just curious, but does anyone know where Stan is moving too? I see his sale of household stuff is this weekend...and why are his horses selling in MT?

Jassy said:
Just curious, but does anyone know where Stan is moving too? I see his sale of household stuff is this weekend...and why are his horses selling in MT?

Different Stan. You are thinking of Stan Weander from Valentine. The one in Montana is Stan Weaver.

Lol..you beat me to my mistake Soapweed...after I went and looked at the website I realized I had the two names confused...lol But Stan Weander is selling this weekend isn't he?....Sorry another one of those blond moments...lol

Jassy said:
Lol..you beat me to my mistake Soapweed...after I went and looked at the website I realized I had the two names confused...lol But Stan Weander is selling this weekend isn't he?....Sorry another one of those blond moments...lol

I was listening to the Valentine radio while baling hay this afternoon, and heard the advertisement about Stan Weander's sale this upcoming Sunday. I don't know any details other than that.

Are you haying yet? We are just getting started, but it looks like it will pile up considerably better than last year.

So is anybody on here coming to the sale? I hope to make it. Would be fun to meet up with anyone from ranchers.

Boy it's tempting-Ty is up at Havre that same weekend. I'll have a darn chemopump stuck on me and can't afford a small mortgage to go visit a U's nurse to get it removed lol. Not a big deal but they were pretty sticky about doing it right.

My wife and I made the trip over to buy some horses and see my family.

The sale was pretty good. IMA Bit of Heaven sold for $25,000 and PC Joe's Frost brought $35,000, but don't quote me since I don't have the catalog in front of me. One of the 4 year old geldings brought $12,500, and was well over 16 hands but very athletic. The rest of the ride horses averaged probably $4,000 to $5,500.

One of the weanlings sold for $14,500, and was a full sister to the #1 AQHA heading & heeling horse, or something like that. The rest probably averaged $2,000 to $2,500.

We bought a couple weanlings that will hopefully turn out to be nice riding horses, in three years!!???????!!!!!

It was a pretty good sale overall though. Lots of out of state buyers. Oh, and the broodmares were pretty hit and miss, probably averaged $2,500.

sic 'em reds said:

The sale was pretty good. IMA Bit of Heaven sold for $25,000 and PC Joe's Frost brought $35,000, but don't quote me since I don't have the catalog in front of me. One of the 4 year old geldings brought $12,500, and was well over 16 hands but very athletic. The rest of the ride horses averaged probably $4,000 to $5,500.

One of the weanlings sold for $14,500, and was a full sister to the #1 AQHA heading & heeling horse, or something like that. The rest probably averaged $2,000 to $2,500.

We bought a couple weanlings that will hopefully turn out to be nice riding horses, in three years!!???????!!!!!

It was a pretty good sale overall though. Lots of out of state buyers. Oh, and the broodmares were pretty hit and miss, probably averaged $2,500.

Sic Em, you are pretty close going by memory. I had to check my catalog. Ima Bit of Heaven sold for $35,000 going to some place in TX, I think San Angelo. PC Joes Frost sold for $25,000 going back to Miller, SD, pretty close to where he was bred.

The colt that sold for $14,500 was lot 95 a Buckskin Filly out of Ima Tuf Lena, she is a full sister to the horse JD Yates is showing and has over 100 AQHA points on in heading and healing.

FH the lot 156 mare sold for $4,700, I didn't mark down where she went. The top selling mare was lot 147, Somehickina Dually, a 97 mare sired by Docs Hickory out of a Dual Pep mare.

The 5 geldings averaged $6980. A rough average that I figured on the entire sale was $2525 on 160 head of horses, which is pretty darn good considering how many weanlings there were and how tough some of the other colt sales have been.

Overall this was a pretty darn good sale and the crowd stayed till the very end.

Thanks. They've always had a good sale, from day 1.
Stan has a stellar reputation. We knew him first when he came to
W. Montana and bought our calves. You couldn't ask for a more
honest guy.

I'll tell you a little story. After we got to be good friends, he had me receive some calves for him in the Deer Lodge valley. I went there
and the calves were there. I walked through them and there was one calf with only one eye. I was a little hesitant to talk to the seller, but I
knew I had to. I figured he would say something like, "well, that
won't hurt his appetite any." So I mentioned the calf and the seller,
said, "Oh, I forgot to take that calf out of there. Let's get him out
now. Stan is a good guy and we don't want to do that to him."

Pretty great to do business with folks like that...on both ends.

srd65 said:
sic 'em reds said:

Sic Em, you are pretty close going by memory. I had to check my catalog. Ima Bit of Heaven sold for $35,000 going to some place in TX, I think San Angelo. PC Joes Frost sold for $25,000 going back to Miller, SD, pretty close to where he was bred.

The colt that sold for $14,500 was lot 95 a Buckskin Filly out of Ima Tuf Lena, she is a full sister to the horse JD Yates is showing and has over 100 AQHA points on in heading and healing.

FH the lot 156 mare sold for $4,700, I didn't mark down where she went. The top selling mare was lot 147, Somehickina Dually, a 97 mare sired by Docs Hickory out of a Dual Pep mare.

The 5 geldings averaged $6980. A rough average that I figured on the entire sale was $2525 on 160 head of horses, which is pretty darn good considering how many weanlings there were and how tough some of the other colt sales have been.

Overall this was a pretty darn good sale and the crowd stayed till the very end.

Were you at the sale? Not that I would recognize you :lol:

Thanks for helping me with my info. I thought it was a pretty good sale overall. The Treasure State horses sure brought good money for not having many there. They were nice colts, just not aything we were looking for.

I was sure impressed with Joe Frost. He had good size, bone and attitude. Hopefully the filly we bought out of him will make her pappy proud.

sic 'em reds said:
srd65 said:
sic 'em reds said:

Were you at the sale? Not that I would recognize you :lol:

Thanks for helping me with my info. I thought it was a pretty good sale overall. The Treasure State horses sure brought good money for not having many there. They were nice colts, just not aything we were looking for.

I was sure impressed with Joe Frost. He had good size, bone and attitude. Hopefully the filly we bought out of him will make her pappy proud.

Yea, I was there from start to finish. I liked the Treasure State horses also, I think they have a good program that compliments Weavers quite well. Which two colts did you get??

We got lots 91 and 107. 91 is cataloged as a filly, but is really a stallion. When I get a chance, I will post some pictures. We also bought a four year old Palomino mare from some friends in Augusta, but she wasn't coggins tested yet, so we couldn't bring her home.

Latest posts