• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

website

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

http://www.thecalifornios.com/

I saw a video of part of this, and it is an interesting concept. Or should I say Artform.

Red Bluff Rodeo is always a good time.

Try Fugure-8 Roping - - This is big at the Hollister Californis Rodeo
In my day only the old timers did it - - Now the youngsters are doing it and dam well

http://www.elvaquero.com/Figure-8%20Roping.htm

I've only made this catch one time in my life - On Purpose :!:

In this area, we are doing these kinds of ropings. It's called ranch roping. We haven't got all of the loops figured out yet. I sure would like to know how to throw the figure 8 consistently. It would be real handy.

Maybe I need to throw a ropin' dummy in and take it to Deadwood so Saddle Tramp and I can throw a few of the easier loops and show people what they look like?

And don'yt reply, that there will already be a lot of dummies at Deadwood! :x :eek: :lol:

Jinglebob said:
In this area, we are doing these kinds of ropings. It's called ranch roping. We haven't got all of the loops figured out yet. I sure would like to know how to throw the figure 8 consistently. It would be real handy.

Maybe I need to throw a ropin' dummy in and take it to Deadwood so Saddle Tramp and I can throw a few of the easier loops and show people what they look like?

And don'yt reply, that there will already be a lot of dummies at Deadwood! :x :eek: :lol:

the roping dummy sounds like it could be fun. we could go out and find a grassy area , it would beat sitting inside all day.

BMR
Bring your long, SOFT, rope and I'll bring my smaller dummy, that works good afoot. Any buddy gets to sassin' us and we'll just rope 'em! :lol:

I had three or four artists with a 60 footer at my branding-they throw alot of interesting loopps and handle cattle very well-I'll try and post some pics later. The anology I like to use is ranch roping is an art like fly fishing while a 30 footer is plugging away with a spinning rod. By the way I'm not a roping snob I use a 30 footer myself lol.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Jinglebob said:
BMR
Bring your long, SOFT, rope and I'll bring my smaller dummy, that works good afoot. Any buddy gets to sassin' us and we'll just rope 'em! :lol:

I'll go throw them in the car today. :cowboy:

I look forward to seeing this! Didn't Gene Autrey sing while he roped ?

Latest posts