• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Week 14 Wildlife

Help Support Ranchers.net:

wildlife

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cert

Reaction score
#1 MsSage
8bb93229.jpg

#2 Hanta Yo
turks.jpg

#3 sw
bullelk.jpg

#4 Jersey Lilly
68.jpg

#5 Reader
PeacockrunningatLuau.jpg

#6 Northern Rancher
LastMoosominTrip070.jpg

#7 Robert
custerpark2.jpg

#8 CKC
2004misc_008.jpg

#9 cert
IMG_1988.jpg

LOL yeap I was wondering what one of my students was doing here then I remembered where I teach LOL :p
Whoever took 6 you were very BRAVE to go there at night :D :lol:

I am new here and I am wanting to know can you edit your picture?
Can you use photoshop to fix, edit and/or add or remove then enter?
There are a couple very good photographers who have a gifted eye.

Well, members of ranchers.net, what do you think?

If we change, edit, etc. too much, we have more or less 'touched up' the original picture. Personally, I don't think that is the idea, but I will leave it up to you. Perhaps we should vote on it?

This is a photo contest, not necessarily for those with the knowledge to 'touch up' their photos. I think it would give an undue advantage for those more knowledgeable in computers.

As I type this, my reaction is to say, NO, not fair to work over the original photos. But I sure don't know it all. So lets see what others have to say.

One thing, this is for FUN, remember?

If we start doing all that stuff, the FUN is going to go out of it. So as moderator, I say "Sorry, but no editing. You can enter your photographs untouched, as the others have, and we would be glad to have you."

And, I just thought of this...We would have a catagory for edited photos every once in awhile. So watch for that catagory. I will add it to the list right now.

Hope this is satisfactory.

Faster horses said:
Well, members of ranchers.net, what do you think?

If we change, edit, etc. too much, we have more or less 'touched up' the original picture. Personally, I don't think that is the idea, but I will leave it up to you. Perhaps we should vote on it?

This is a photo contest, not necessarily for those with the knowledge to 'touch up' their photos. I think it would give an undue advantage for those more knowledgeable in computers.

As I type this, my reaction is to say, NO, not fair to work over the original photos. But I sure don't know it all. So lets see what others have to say.

FH - if I wanted to see a bunch of professionally touched up photos I could easily search them out. This - at least to me - is a place to come and view what the working folks do as either a hobby, or what they happen to run into by chance or whatever.

I am with you - bring them in untouched.

B.C.

I agree 100% NO editing.
Great call on adding a cat for just that. :D :D :D
hmmmm guess that means I have to learn how to work photoshop now???? uugggg oh well yall have fun with that one :p

I had similar thoughts reader. It's a rare picture that I haven't cropped, fixed red-eye or something...
And I never put anything online that I haven't shrunk down to a certain dimension. As one on dialup, I know how frustrating it can be waiting for a large photo to load.

I don't think editing for the photo contest should be allowed, however, I dont concider cropping or using your photo program to shrink a picture so it loads faster editing. I guess technically it is. but it's not altering the subject matter of the picture.
I use my editing for things like the picture I posted earlier, I do that for things I want to print, or use on my end of the year CD, or just for Fun, NOT for Photo Contest. Just my 2 cents worth.

No cropping or red eys IS NOT considered editing.......clone tool IS. When you remove power lines or objects that is editing. When you darken sky color or adjust color balance.

EVERYONE has to crop and reduce size or it will be done for you on photobucket so that is never counted as edit.

MsSage said:
No cropping or red eys IS NOT considered editing.......clone tool IS. When you remove power lines or objects that is editing. When you darken sky color or adjust color balance.

I did adjust the color balance and fun a couple filters to sharpen up the image on pic #7. Does that mean it was edited?

the picture was almost too blurry to make out the Bighorn sheep ewe and lambs, cause I shot the picture one handed while riding past at 60mph on my motorcycle 8)

Latest posts