• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weekly radio address

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bullhauler

Reaction score
For as long as I can remember the president has given one. I have never heard a weekly radio address. I was just wondering if anyone actually hears these.

Obama's weekly address is on the WH website, it's in video format.

As far as I know, they don't broadcast it on radio.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

Here's this week's

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Weekly-Address-Health-Care-Reform-as-the-Key-to-Our-Fiscal-Future/

Bullhauler said:
For as long as I can remember the president has given one. I have never heard a weekly radio address. I was just wondering if anyone actually hears these.

Yep- I've seen them on C-SPAN a few times....Usually followed by the Republicans response.....
I don't know how many tv or radio stations carry them....But you can see/hear them at this site...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/weekly_address/

I thought if it was called a "radio address" that it was actually broadcast on some stations. I guess since saturday is normally a slow news day that they always mention it on the radio news every hour.

At 8:25 mountain time- C-SPAN will have Obama's weekly address- followed by the Repubs reply- this week by Congressman Mike Pence.....

Bullhauler said:
I thought if it was called a "radio address" that it was actually broadcast on some stations. I guess since saturday is normally a slow news day that they always mention it on the radio news every hour.

I believe it started under Prsident Roosevelt in the 30's and has been a tradition ever since. I would assume some stations still carry it, but can't say for sure. Been awhile since I heard one.

Tonights subject was the Health Care reform plans- and the budget cuts that would offset the cost of that...

The Repub answer was "NO" on numerous subjects- everything the Dems do is bad...But I didn't hear any "positive" alternate plans put forth to many of these issues that folks want something done about... :(

OT, did Obama outline the plan, or just say it needs to be done?

It's kind of like saying you need to reduce the dependence on foreign energy, but not have a viable plan for getting it done.

As far as I can tell, the Repubs/Dems are saying yes to reform, but He!! NO to an open cheque book, without a well planned out reform. Sounds like a responsible position.

Everything is a rush job with this administration. How much did Obama already write into the budget for the Healthcare reform? $500 Billion? How smart is it to borrow money for a program you don't have a definite plan for first?

You should try going to get a loan for a new business, without a business plan drawn up, and see how far you get. I bet your bank says NO.

VanC said:
Bullhauler said:

I believe it started under Prsident Roosevelt in the 30's and has been a tradition ever since. I would assume some stations still carry it, but can't say for sure. Been awhile since I heard one.

Roosevelt had the radio talks they were called fireside chats. I have heard my Father talk about them. I was to young to hear any of them.

Tonights subject was the Health Care reform plans- and the budget cuts that would offset the cost of that...

Yea. :lol: He claimed they were gonna find $300 BILLION in fraud and waste in Medicare, though really they will be more likely to cut certain procedures from certain people, and raise taxes to the tune of $600 BILLION. :roll:

He's already found some waste Mike. His health czar has pulled in over $5 million from the Health Industry in the last 2 years.

She should know how to reduce costs.

Latest posts