• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Welcome Buttercup

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
My Jersey milk cow had a heifer calf this morning. My daughter wants the calf for her 4-H project next year. The Dairy breed is pretty rare up here, so she wants to be different.

IMG_6078.jpg

IMG_6079.jpg

IMG_6080.jpg

Yes she is 100% jersey.
Yep those are 2 finger teats. Not fun this morning.
Yes we have a surge milker. Going into production.

I Luv Herfrds said:
Yes she is 100% jersey.

Jersey's are my favorite, I am envious.

Looks like once you get good at milking her you would be able to milk a cat. I have had a few of those over the years and two finger strip milking sure gives a guy well developed thumb muscles! :D

Mastitis and " good "colostrum are not even similar so that is the worst analogy ever ! :p

If you have ever been to Europe there are cheeses and other delicacies that are made with colostrum, but not just any colostrum. They are made from colostrum from a cow that has been on green grass pasture the first few weeks of spring..

Pannekoeken in The Netherlands made from colostrum is a well sought out favorite from visitors all over the world. :wink:

I Luv Herfrds said:
Yes she is 100% jersey.

Ok I am going to show my dairy ignorance. What is a surge milker? I want a milk cow, but my hands aren't in good enough shape to milk one by hand.

Yes HD we froze 7 bags holding 4 cups a piece.

I heard about that pudding too. Sounded interesting.

LazyWP it is a vaccum milking machine. I will have to take pictures of it today so you can see. Hopefully I can get them posted been having trouble staying logged on.

Got over 2 gallons out of her last night. :shock:
Only trouble we are having is getting the vaccum motor going when it is cold. Keeps tripping the breaker.

Latest posts