• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Welcome, May!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
I claim a greater life

"Fear and doubt are normal human reactions to growth. They are evidence of your past limited beliefs about what is possible for your life. They are knee-jerk responses to old programming. As you start to claim greater life experience, fear and doubt will naturally float to the surface of your thinking. They are evidence that you are moving beyond your past into a whole new vision for your life.
The mistake that many people make when they encounter fear or doubt is to retreat back into the comfort zone. They see fear as a stop sign rather than a line that delineates the old from the new. They become afraid and run back to the comfort of their past behaviors.
To live well, you must do something different with your fears. see them as a sign of growth. Use them to push your further ahead into the new vision you're creating. Don't be afraid of our fears. Embrace them. See them for what they truly are: old ideas mourning their own loss."

----Science of mind

this use to be my comfort zone.sometimes u just gotta get over be'n mad at the world and put it under the Blood.

I still remember when:

I remember when ,at the whole world i was mad
today as i look back,it makes me real sad
its been awhile now,as i recall those days
when i worshipped the devil in so many ways

i'd work during the day,then i'd run all night
i'd yell and curse and scrap and fight
i'd smoke my pot in a pipe or a joint
i'd snort my coke,others used a sharp point

sometimes i'd drink whiskey,sometimes i'd drink rum
sometimes i'd get rowdy-or sick-or just dumb
i remember once,i got drunk and fell face in the dirt
and i knew right then,i was in a world of hurt

then early one morn,while think'n of death and the end of my life
the telephone rang,it was my EX-wife
we talked about the Bible-Heaven and Hell
as i swallowed my pride and told her i was well

but i knew as sure as my name was rick
that i was dieing of hurt and was feeling real sick
she said before she hung up"for me she would pray"
and i went on as if there was no other way

then a few days later,about day three
i knew it was true,God had spoken to me
i could feel His Spirit,in my heart deep within
He said "rick I can save you,from all this sin

i knew right then,in my life there would be a change
some old friends still think,im a little bit strange
but i'm very happy,with my new life
i'm happily married ,with my 3 kids and ex-wife

written by richard

i sometimes think i still have fears of God and my wife.and some of those old ideas.

i got over be'n mad,and have improved my comfort zone.but i still have some fears that scare me to death.one is cancer and the other prison.i
realize that some here have the big-c and we lost a loved one in the 'ranchers' family.but i never want to see what my father went thru with pancreatic cancer.

this was my first post here on 'coffee shop'.i would like to repeat it for the newbies.

Feel'n kinda lonely---feel'n kinda blue
miss'n my dad---and my brother too

Dad died of cancer---back in 95'
brothers in jail---try'n to stay alive

Dad suffered alot of pain---tho few ever seen
i told him loved him---then i induced the last morphine

Brother still suffers---from alcohol and drugs
couldn't get away---from convicts,thieves and thugs

Now my dad,he is in heaven---for there is life after death
but my brother's still in jail---"question" is there life after meth??

written by richard

balestabber said:
i got over be'n mad,and have improved my comfort zone.but i still have some fears that scare me to death.one is cancer and the other prison.i
realize that some here have the big-c and we lost a loved one in the 'ranchers' family.but i never want to see what my father went thru with pancreatic cancer.

this was my first post here on 'coffee shop'.i would like to repeat it for the newbies.

Feel'n kinda lonely---feel'n kinda blue
miss'n my dad---and my brother too

Dad died of cancer---back in 95'
brothers in jail---try'n to stay alive

Dad suffered alot of pain---tho few ever seen
i told him loved him---then i induced the last morphine

Brother still suffers---from alcohol and drugs
couldn't get away---from convicts,thieves and thugs

Now my dad,he is in heaven---for there is life after death
but my brother's still in jail---"question" is there life after meth??

written by richard

Hello "Balestabber,"
Thank you for contributing to this thread and for sharing your beautiful poetry. I wish I would know what to say in regards to helping you get rid of that fear that you have; we all have fear of something. All I can say is that you need to turn that thought of "fear" immediately into something positive. For example, right now I feel anxious/worried because I can't find the right words to explain to my friend that I won't be able to go the play where she will be singing.

It is her first time being in a major play that has great popularity in town. I will not be able to be there to support her tonight because I just don't have the money to spend on tickets.

Last month, I had so many expenses: a car accident, brakes, battery, my own tuition, among other things. Now I am in a very tight budget to get myself through the rest of the month, and save to pay the tuition for my next class.

I was hoping to get a scholarship last month, but things didn't worked out for me. I felt so discouraged for a few days, I was counting on that extra help that the scholarship would have had provide me. As I am typing this reply to you, I am worried that I will hurt her feelings by not showing up. In the other hand, I am a very rational person, so I know that I lead with my mind, and I just need to bite my tongue and accept the situation as it is. I being getting thoughts of "poverty" in the past few days; when I get these negative thoughts, I immediately think "oh, I am so rich beacuse I have God's love and support, and there is plenty of money for me in God's world."

I think that we need to aknowledge these feelings of fear, worry, and anxiety for no more than a few seconds. You need to continue living your life and know that you are blessed to have freedom and good health. Don't invite the unwanted guest (cancer) into your life by thinking about it.

sweetbasil said:
I claim a greater life

"As you start to claim greater life experience, fear and doubt will naturally float to the surface of your thinking. They are evidence that you are moving beyond your past into a whole new vision for your life.
Don't be afraid of our fears. Embrace them. See them for what they truly are: old ideas mourning their own loss."

----Science of mind

WHAT AN AMAZING THREAD!! THANK YOU, SWEET BASIL, FOR GETTING THIS ONE STARTED....MOST CERTAINLY "THOUGHT PROVOKING"...AND TO YOU, BALESTABBER....MAY THE ROAD TO YOUR FUTURE CONTINUE TO BE PAVED WITH SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS!!! :D

Latest posts