• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Welcome our Newest Member HorseShoer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Gosh Dern ~! I feel as welome as the BLM or USFS grazin director at the cattlemen assc meetins. but since Lilly has aired out my dirty laundry " my thong collection" I reckon i had better be on hand to defend my self and dish a little back at her from time to time. ( or a serving platter if need be). i tend to mind my own Ps n Qs ecept when prodded along by my partner in crime here. She tends to keep me outa trouble when im on the road breedin hate and discontent. But dont let her fool ya. Not only are her thong storys good ones, ya needa ask her about flotation devices and whip creme, the list goes on and on.. with that said.. dont belive a werd she says about me,, chances are im not guilty, and if i was.. she made me do it~!
Shoer

When you think a horse is a pet, you need to trail cows afoot for a day.[/b]

Welcome to the boards HorseShoer,I hope you can keep us up to speed about Lilly's activities :wink: ....................good luck

well what's on the agenda for today Lilly,now that it's drying up I guess I better pick up where I left off,fencing chores & hauling feed,wound up with 2.2 inches of rain,and the oats are already starting to come up,talk to yall this evening.................good luck

Good/Bad part about this is...he's only able to get online late at night usually, No tellin what I could get away with durin day light hours while he's out gallyvantin up n down the roads. And I think I'll save the whipped cream tale and let him tell it, it's much better when he tells it, he's quite a story teller. hehe

We chatted online in a MSN Group called "The Horse Barn" for about a year or so, then they all planned a get together trail ride in Missouri. We hauled 2 horses up there and spent about 4 days, meetin, ridin, and gittin to know these folks. Was a blast. But since, he's worked cattle all his life and we have cattle, we just kinda clicked. Hadn't really talked one on one with him in chat until after we all met. Most of the others that were there were strictly "horse people". He invited us up to Idaho, and we went. Seen some of the perdiest country I've ever seen in my life. Loved it. (Even if he did try to freeze my behind off) Since then, he's come down here durin his travels drivin a truck, I talk to him on the phone usually at least once a day, keepin track of him, keepin him outta trouble. Lotta people think it's weird that I have a guy for a best friend. But we have more fun!!!!

First off it wernt THAT COLD.. was only about 2 below, and that was after the sun had hit the thermometer, Second she aint got much to freeze off anyhow or i shoulda say a big lack of insulation. n Yep me her jist kinda fell into stewardship of keepin eachother outa trouble :lol: or at the least we can blame it on each other. The way i sum it up, Ya gota be pards fer life for when ya both have yer hands burried up to the armpit in the south end of a north facin cow( not at the same time) but i think ya might git the point.
Its been pretty dern good havin liyyl ( aka lilly , cause i caint type) and her family as friends, ive been able to see how the other half lives , plus i got the couch anytime im in the area .. oh and food~! mainly chile :D
One thing i have learnt me fer certain.. texas is a great place to visit in january, the rest of the time its too damm hot for this snowman.
headed thru WI now going to OR, hope i git some snow along the way
later folks .

Shoer

When you think yer boss, try tellin somebody elses cowdog what to do

Yeap he's a sucker for my homemade chili. If he gets within 100 miles of me (sometimes further) he's on the phone askin me....what's for supper? I automatically know I better git the chili pot out n git busy.
The "buried up to the armpit"comment he made, is cuz we took the A-I/Palpatin course together. Danged if we didnt do a good job of keepin each other awake durin the class room part of it. Also durin that week, I learned that I can shimmie thru the back slidin glass of a Ford truck (because someone didnt realize that when your told to "lock the truck" that also means, take the keys out of the ignition), and that college kids can and will buy a cookie in the mall at the Great American Cookie Co. (note I said A cookie) and put it on a credit card!!!!!!!
And it was too THAT cold!!!! yer talkin bout a texan here, I"m a wus in the cold and I know it, and dont care who else knows it either. hehe
Tables was turned when you were here this summer. (The fella can't handle heat)
I hope you do find some snow along the way too. Make a snow angel for me, and by golly dont ferget to put the halo on it!!!!!

Since some of ya'll asked for idaho mountain pictures. i thought I'd post one. at least till I find out if photobucket is gonna allow me some freedom.
Maybe ya'll can guess where this is.

Mackay-from-way-up-high.jpg

yep, that pic makes me homesick fur sure. and Liyyl is right, I caint handle the heat, least in the cold i can put more clothes on.. in the heat i can only take so much off n not git arrested or beat up by passers by.
However one thing is fer certain.... the heat i dont git " my backside chapped" ( liyyl will have xplain that one). I think that may be thong related as well.
The whip cream story, well hummmm...
Ther i was mindin my own damm bussiness ( likey story but its true) at this gatherin of folks in Missoria sittin in a lawn chair next to a big haired gal from texas, whom i have known for about 6 hours. We was werkin on the back side of a cold pack of beer,and a few others were gittin creative with whip creme and hard liquer. I had made mention what a waste of whip creme, then this scrawny ol gal offerd me some... silly me i opened my mouth as she comenced to squirt it all over my mug. some how in short wrestilin match i ended up with the can, when I hear somebody giggiling next to me at my demise. Then the deer in the head lights look comes over her as she knew she was next. another wrestling match was on with this new freind of mine from Texas , with both of us grippin and grabbin for control of the can , the top came depressed and my hand filled to the brim of the gooey stuff, i stopped the battle and Liyyl came up with the can with a easy victory....... so she thot! Her eyes got big as silver dollors as she spyed the big glob of white.. then in a flash... that big texas Hair do.. made a easy target! ker flop! right on top of her head, ( i know a bold move for somebody ive jist meet) i thot a royal butt whoppin was in store for me fer sure. But naw,,, we both finished gittin drunker as the night continued, The beer ran out wich left us with a margarita ball
as our only remaining source of alcohol........ This is wher Liyyl will have to pick up her side of the story...... hehehe

well im hittin the road now,,In Oregon tonite headed for Syracuse NY, wish me luck

Shoer

A fool and his money are invited places

My side of the story huh?
Yes!!! for the first time in my life, trip to idaho, my backside got chapped.I"m perdy sure it had somethin to do with the backflip half gainer I did out wonderin around on them hills and mines when I fell and rolled around in the snow. (Ya'll just standin there pointin n gigglin at me ) Never n I do mean never have I got in the tub after a day of hikin around the hills lookin at stuff, crawled in a tub of hot water and howled like I did that night. Good lord who'da thunk ya'd need a jumbo supply of chapstick......fer yer butt cheeks? NOT me....I"m from Texas. It gets cold here yes, (ya know, like 40 degrees) I dont know if it was thong related or not, but I bet the next time I got me a pair of longjons on under there!!!!
Have ya ever tried to wash that fake canned whip cream outta yer hair at 3 am in the mornin??? Bleave me...it's not a easy thing to do after a few too many margarita's. Deer in the head light look is prolly exactly what I looked like. There I thought I'd won the snatchy grabby battle, when I see this big ole hand full of whip cream comin at my head. Ewww nasty....it was sooooo stickyyyyyyyy.
Shoe had ran outta beer, and no one was offerin him nothin else to drank, so I obliged. "Ya want somethin to drink?" he says sure. I said, "don't thank we got any more cups, brang yer empty beer bottle over here n we'll fix ya right up"......now this margarita ball....dont know if ya'll have ever seen one, but it's a big plastic thing that holds prolly 2 gallons or better, and has a pump on the top to despense it out of. He's standin there holdin his empty beer bottle....and I'm thinkin ok...I gotta pump this here do dad n fill that up....It was a two person job. A sight to see I"m sure. Everone was laffin at us. (stories like this one n ya'll are gonna thing we a bunch of drunks) it dont happen often. Once ever couple years or so.
Anywho, we had a good time, ended up makin a friend for life. Wouldn't trade it for nothin in the world. Even tho he gives me a hard time about my big hairdo(n it's nota big hairdo), calls me scrawny, any and all of his unfortunate luck somehow becomes my fault ("ya shoulda warned me") he says. There's somethin to be said about a friendship where ya know, no matter what, no matter how many miles seperate ya, you'd both drop what you were doin to go help the other if it was needed.

Latest posts