• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Well agman I see you survived

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER said:
How was the race ,who won and did yall make it to Mexico?..........good luck

I finished second in the 150 MPH class without a navigator cause you chickened out! You left me stranded as the only entrant in that class without a navigator. I averaged 151.28 MPH on the first leg. My computer went out just seconds after the start of the second 59 mile run. I had to restart the computer while I was passing 160 MPH and employ some quick mental gymnastics (Kentucky windage) to estimate my speed at the finish line. I drove blind initially on the second leg, without time or speed data input, so I am lucky I even placed. My time for the two legs was within eight-tenths second of a perfect run. That is one challenging road coarse with over 50 curves. Thanks for asking. I will send you a chicken suit to wear for your next social outing!! Have a cool one.

Congratulations, agman. Sounds like you were burning a hole in the wind. I have no idea how it would feel to go that fast. Our Ford Excursion "falters" at 96 mph. Must be a built in computer "safeguard" that takes the fun out of going down the road. :? :)

I had a wild ride with a neighbor many years ago (back in the '70's). Guess you could say I was his navigator on that ride. He was driving a souped up late '60's model Chevrolet 2WD pickup pulling an empty 5' x 16' bumper-pull stock trailer. We were driving on a highway down by Wakeeney, Kansas. It seemed like we were going awful fast, and when I sneaked a peak at his speedometer, it read 115 mph. The trailer didn't seem to slow us down at all. LOL. :shock:

A rich kid we went to school with drove a '62 Corvette. Red and white. That was the fastest car I ever rode in. It was so close to the ground, that it was kind of scary going really fast. You could really hear road noise.

He wound up dying in a car wreck.

We have a '74 Corvette. Haven't driven it for a looong time, but I remember driving it on I-15 in Montana, had it up to 140 mph and it still had lots of room to go alot faster! Hubby made me slow down before we got a ticket.

Some years ago while working for Big Fat Oil Company in Germany, my assistant comandeered the boss's Mercedes and driver and went from Frankfurt to Essen.

The driver kept that car bewteen 200 and 220 KMPH most of the way. Was never so happy to get home. We were going down the fast lane of the automahn only about 10 feet from the medium guardrail. It was like a painted stripe as we went by.

"Have you ever noticed?
Anybody going slower than
you is an idiot, and anyone
going faster than you is a
maniac."

agman said:
HAY MAKER said:
How was the race ,who won and did yall make it to Mexico?..........good luck

I finished second in the 150 MPH class without a navigator cause you chickened out! You left me stranded as the only entrant in that class without a navigator. I averaged 151.28 MPH on the first leg. My computer went out just seconds after the start of the second 59 mile run. I had to restart the computer while I was passing 160 MPH and employ some quick mental gymnastics (Kentucky windage) to estimate my speed at the finish line. I drove blind initially on the second leg, without time or speed data input, so I am lucky I even placed. My time for the two legs was within eight-tenths second of a perfect run. That is one challenging road coarse with over 50 curves. Thanks for asking. I will send you a chicken suit to wear for your next social outing!! Have a cool one.

I dont navigate for anyone going faster than 30 MPH, lol............good luck PS you better be careful going that fast boy ,your gonna need more than a navigator

Yep, driving that fast without a clear idea of where you're headed will get you in trouble. Got to see further than your nose! 8)

Agman; first post in new format, pardon any errors!

Sounds like racing the Vette is a great way for you to unwind. Now if you really want to impress us all, knock the windows out of that Vette, install a roll cage, put on the Hoosier dirt racing tires, and head to the dirt track. I grew up going to races in Salina, KS, Red Cloud, NE and of course the fastest half mile dirt track in the world at Belleville, KS.

Great fun! And yes, there were late model 'Vettes that raced. You'd fit right in.

Good luck with future racing endevors!

Beefman

Latest posts