• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

We'll be there in a Jiffy!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Against my better judgement, and this will probably only happen once, here is myself, my son, and our paint team.

I will miss Deadwood because of all else going on this long Labor Day weekend, so here is my contribution. I am about 80 miles north of you today, and I hope you have fun in our historic town, and welcome to SD, nr and others.

paints.jpg

Good looking team of cowboys and good looking team of paint horses. Keep posting more pictures. You are bringing up your son in fine fashion. Keep up his cowboy interests, and instill in him your great attitude at this early age. Here's to ya. :) Cheers. :)

Great pic!

Yeah know, I'll just bet the increase in fuel prices won't affect this mode of travel too much! :lol:

Sure are alot of handsome cowboys and ranchers and their sons and GRANDSONS on this site! :wink:

Good looking team, jake. And your "ranch foreman" sure reminds me of his daddy at the same age! See you in Buffalo for the Labor Day festivities. Some of us will be there all three days. The boys are rodeoing on Saturday and Monday and I'm on ambulance duty Saturday so we'll be around.

ambulance duty.....you volunteer on a service? I'm doing that very thing this weekend in a small town of about 2000 here in Texas......hard to get a schedule full 24/7 especially on a holiday weekend. Good Luck...hope you have an uneventfull ambulance duty :)

Yep. I've been with the local ambulance service for longer than I care to admit. I don't mind the rodeo duty though. I usually have some of my own kids, grandkids, or neighbor kids competing so I'd be there anyway. Hope your ambulance duty is also uneventful. There is usually a relative or two of yours involved in most of the rodeos I attend.

Good looking team, jake. And your "ranch foreman" sure reminds me of his daddy at the same age!

Oh Liberty Belle, he is much more handsome than I ever was. :D Little jake loves to ride on the wagon, though his expression doesn't show it.

BTW, this is an older picture, so some don't think I have been blowing smoke about it being kinda dry here.

I forgot to welcome Macon to South Dakota in my earlier post. Hope you all are having fun.

What a good looking outfit, even if you won't get any bugs splattered on your face :lol: . Don't you wish the little guy could just stay that age? They're so cute and full of questions at that stage.

Great Pics,

You can just hear that little guy thinking" Come on Dad It's my turn to handle the LINES."

Thanks TTB. I plan on getting in lots of good visiting this weekend. I am on my way in a bit to a friends horse sale. Hope he has good luck with them.

I am assuming that your handle must be your brand also. There is a local rancher with exactly the same brand. His must be in a different location than yours.

Have a good weekend yourself :!:

Great Pics,

You can just hear that little guy thinking" Come on Dad It's my turn to handle the LINES."

Saddletramp, I have to tell you a story that you reminded me of.

A year ago or so, I had my young feller with me on the hayrack, and we were pulling away from the yard here. There was a fairly new waterline trench that was off to one side of the team, and a fence on the other. For some reason that time the horse near the waterline chose that day to spook at it, and I turned them into the fence and got them stopped right quick. My boy hit his head on the head of a bolt on the front of the hayrack hard enough to leave a mark. My wife jumps over and grabs him off the hayrack before anthing else could happen. Then my boy starts crying pretty good. I says to her that I think he is crying cause he wants back on the wagon, not because he is hurt. I still think that was true, but she doesn't see it that way. :shock: :shock:

It must have been, because when he got back on he settled right down. :D

Latest posts