• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Well how 'bout that?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Looks like Steve is going to git 'er done and scrap the long gun registry. Nice to see things get done under a conservative majority, and to see election promises kept. Let's hope they get to destroy the registry before the provinces get their hands on the information contained in it.

Silver said:
Looks like Steve is going to git 'er done and scrap the long gun registry. Nice to see things get done under a conservative majority, and to see election promises kept. Let's hope they get to destroy the registry before the provinces get their hands on the information contained in it.

yep, for too many years having a minority caused "grid lock". Next on the agenda is to balance the budget. 2015, I believe

Hoeppner said the registry has cost nearly $2 billion since it was created in 1995 and that that money should have been spent cracking down on real criminals, not farmers and hunters.

"The long-gun registry is not gun control, and because of that it is an ineffective and a waste of taxpayers hard-earned dollars," she said.

The registry is not a valuable tool to reduce gun crime, the Manitoba MP said, adding the majority of homicides are not committed with long guns. Hoeppner acknowledged crimes have been committed with long guns, but said those crimes happened despite the registry.

Toews said abolishing the registry will save millions of dollars per year, but couldn't put an exact figure on the savings. He said the long-gun registry and the registry for restricted weapons combined costs about $22 million per year to operate.

"As a woman, the long gun registry does not make me feel any safer or secure," she said. Vardy said criminals don't register their guns and that the registry targets law-abiding citizens like her.

"The long gun registry does nothing to protect women," she said.

a good step towards citizens rights,

silver, you might find this an interesting read. From djinwa's link he posted in another thread.

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/1011/1011canpolityp6.htm

I don't think I have seen this "enterstageright" site b4, but will bookmark it for sure

Latest posts