• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Well, one less deer in Texas!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
My sister and her husband were heading to their winter destination near Houston when they smacked into a deer close to Jefferson. Took out the windshield, banged up the right front fender and door, etc.

Nobody got hurt other than a few small cuts from flying glass shards. They said the deer just exploded out of a small woodlot on the side of the road. no chance of even slowing down.

Not sure if they were planning to keep the meat; one deer should last about a month, shouldn't it?

:wink: :shock:

My little band of carnivores can clean up a deer a week lol. By archery season were a bit starved for fresh backstrap so it's gobbled up pretty fast.

I don't know the law here for sure, but few years back Mr Lilly hit a deer and the car was in perdy bad shape, a Hwy Patrol showed up shortly there after, and said, no he couldnt take the deer, had to leave it layin. Was in downtown Tomball. Waste of good meat if you ask me.

Down here we are given permits to shoot deer at night that are destroying a farmed crop.

Years ago the animals were given to charitable organizations. Those orgs. will no longer accept them for one reason or another?

I had a permit a few years ago, shot about 40 deer and could only drag them to the edge of the field. Could not load them into a truck or transport them on the public highways.

Big waste if you ask me.

Latest posts