• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Well ~SH~ polls show packers won the border dipute and no

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
One believes your "BS" about "CAFTA" you"re fighting with a short stick, forget this "CAFTA" nonsense,even an ole uneducated red neck like me can see no future in trading with these corrupt poverty stricken countries to the south,only winner if "CAFTA" goes is the multi national packer....................good luck PS you have noticed the poll results?

How do you explain the fact that we exported more dollars worth of beef and beef by products via NAFTA than we imported if the argument about trading with poor countries had any validity?

You can't!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
How do you explain the fact that we exported more dollars worth of beef and beef by products via NAFTA than we imported if the argument about trading with poor countries had any validity?

You can't!

~SH~

you're right SH,now what makes you think you can compare nafta ,to cafta,forget about nafta, there is no comparision,mexico is bad enough ,and the farther you go south the more corruptt and poorer it gets......Why in the hell would you support this "CAFTA "deal knowing its a bad deal for producers?............good luck

Hayseed: "Why in the hell would you support this "CAFTA "deal knowing its a bad deal for producers?"

That's the same thing they said about NAFTA and they were wrong about that too.

CAFTA is a win win for U.S. producers.

The opponents have nothing but rhetoric to the contrary.

We are paying tarriffs as high as 40% to these countries and they are importing virtually duty free.

Why would anyone oppose an agreement that would reduce our high export tarriffs?

Those countries aren't meeting their quotas now so this argument that we will be flooded with cheap imports is bullsh*t.

Tell me Hayseed, why wouldn't you want to reduce heavy tarriffs on U.S. products to these CAFTA countries?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Hayseed: "Why in the hell would you support this "CAFTA "deal knowing its a bad deal for producers?"

That's the same thing they said about NAFTA and they were wrong about that too.

CAFTA is a win win for U.S. producers.

The opponents have nothing but rhetoric to the contrary.

We are paying tarriffs as high as 40% to these countries and they are importing virtually duty free.

Why would anyone oppose an agreement that would reduce our high export tarriffs?

Those countries aren't meeting their quotas now so this argument that we will be flooded with cheap imports is bullsh*t.

Tell me Hayseed, why wouldn't you want to reduce heavy tarriffs on U.S. products to these CAFTA countries?

Because I like most,feel the imports will far out weigh the exports ,plain and simple........good luck PS you and I both know the fact they arent meeting quota now ,dont mean a damn thing when the big packers set up camp.

~SH~

Why would they agree to eliminating the export tarriffs unless there was something in it for them? :???:

How can the imports outweigh the exports if these CAFTA-DR countries are not meeting their quotas now?

That's the same fear that import blamers had about NAFTA and they were wrong. Our trade balance is a $1.3 "BILLION" dollar surplus under normal trade conditions.

To end trade, as Bullard has suggested, would mean $40 per head less for your cattle. Is that what you want Hayseed?

~SH~

Mike...Why would they agree to eliminating the export tarriffs unless there was something in it for them?

Mike I have been asking the same question and so far no one has answered it. Maybe agman can, with all of his contacts I am sure he knows.

HAY MAKER said:
One believes your "BS" about "CAFTA" you"re fighting with a short stick, forget this "CAFTA" nonsense,even an ole uneducated red neck like me can see no future in trading with these corrupt poverty stricken countries to the south,only winner if "CAFTA" goes is the multi national packer....................good luck PS you have noticed the poll results?

Hey, Maker... packers down in YOUR part of the world export to Central America. You truly need to wake up and get your head out of the sand. YOUR cattle may have gone down there in a box. Guatemala, Panama, Costa Rica and I'm not talking offal but boxed beef. In fact, I believe the only two packers approved for Costa Rica are right in your back yard. What's more? The stuff going south brings a PREMIUM! YES! A PREMIUM to boxed beef prices here in the US. So what you're railing against and don't think is happening actually is. Not only that, it's something that can HELP the packer PAY MORE for your cattle!! Margins are margins, and as y'all so conveniently forget it's the export market that really helped make the margins in this industry. See, at least SOME people in the packing industry understand the cattle feeder and cow/calf business... sadly NONE of you have ever bothered to learn what makes the rubber meet the road in the packing industry. If ya did we might ALL be able to make more money by working together. But no. Everyone's out to get the poor feeder/rancher. Everyone's living off your back. I'm here to tell you it's NOT reality. Learn what works and what doesn't and how revenues are made. What you advocate WILL cause harm to your business.

packerland: "See, at least SOME people in the packing industry understand the cattle feeder and cow/calf business... sadly NONE of you have ever bothered to learn what makes the rubber meet the road in the packing industry.'

Most producers haven't, but I have. That's why you don't see me blaming packers like so many of the thumbsuckers in our industry.

Other than that, I agree totally with your post.

~SH~

Sorry SH, ok so let me change that to FEW of you. And thankfully the House did the right thing and passed CAFTA. Narrow margin but that's quite all right... it's still on it's way to GHWB's desk and I seriously doubt he'll veto it.

Latest posts