• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Went ridin' in the mountians the fourth.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Been There

Reaction score
Went out to visit my daughter over the fourth of July weekend, at Green River WY. She, her husband Tom, Tom's father, my 17 year old grandson and I hauled quite a ways north and west up into the Wy mountains. We camped for two nights and rode up to places where you can only get to by horse or on foot.
We saw a black bear with cubs, a moose with a youngun, some high lakes and country just like it was when the good Lord made it.
An interesting experience. I'll try to send some pictures if I can figure out how to do it.

if ya need some help with the pictures, get ahold of faster horses or soapweed!! Can't wait to see them, myself...travelled through green river a time or two and is pretty country!!

I does sound relaxing,the best thing about those kinda gettaways is,the air just seems so much better....

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time riding through the mountains, Been There. I have "been there" myself. :wink: There are no better smells on earth than those to be had on a pack trip in Wyoming's high country. Bacon cooking over a pine-branch campfire, coffee boiling on the same, mountain-fresh air, with just a tinge of horse sweat--all of this combined is just about the best to be had. :)

As for putting your pictures up on Ranchers.net, just get them downloaded first into something like Kodak Easy Share. Go through and designate the ones you want to put up, give them a title, and highlight a "best for web" format, which makes them smaller and much faster to download. Find the Photobuckets webpage, click the right button so that 19 "browse" thingies are availabe. Hit the first browse, which should pop up your original picture page. Double click on a picture you want, and that brings you back to the second browse. Click once on that and it brings you back to your picture page. Double click on another picture. When you get done, or up to 19, whichever comes first, push the "submit" button. Then it takes awhile to download your pictures onto Photobuckets.

Minimize this page, hit Internet Explorer again to get back on the internet. Find Ranch Talk or Coffee Shop, and hit New Topic to bring up an "empty page". Minimize this. Go back to your Photobuckets page.

When the download operation is complete, go through and highlight the top box under a picture. Then hold down your Ctrl button and the "C" key simultaneously and let up. Click back to your Ranchers page. Click on the Ctrl button again simultaneously with the "V" key, and that should bring up words to your Ranchers page. Bounce back to the Photobuckets page, and repeat the process until all of your pictures are in "word" form on the Ranchers page. Then highlight each picture word line individually, release and then click on the Img box above your page. When all the potential pictures have been highlighted in the Img form, then you can title each picture. Underneath your work, you need to make sure there is no check mark in the "Disable BBCode in this post" box. Hit "Preview" to see if things will work. If all the pictures come up on Preview, it is time to hit Submit so the rest of us can enjoy your pictures.

This is probably about as confusing as coffee kicked over into a campfire, but hope it works for you. I appreciate Frenchie's efforts in talking me through this and helping me to figure things out. Good luck.

Latest posts