• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Western Video results

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Price: $132.25 390 Steer Calves 525 # Wright, WY; 30 mi W IBERLIN RANCH (WRIGHT) 10/03/05 - 10/07/05

Price: $128.75 400 Heifer Calves 500 # Wright, WY; 30 mi W IBERLIN RANCH (WRIGHT) 10/03/05 - 10/07/05

Price: $129.00 120 Steer Calves 450 # Wright, WY; 30 mi W IBERLIN RANCH (WRIGHT) 10/06/05 - 10/17/05

Price: $125.50 120 Heifer Calves 430 # Wright, WY; 30 mi W IBERLIN RANCH (WRIGHT) 10/06/05 - 10/17/05

The calves off this ranch are from the ranch formerly owned by the movie star Robert Taylor. It was known as the Taylor Ranch for years, and probably still is by the locals. There is a HWY sign real close to the headquarters that shows where the Bozeman Trail went through there. It is in a pretty location where you can see the Pumpkin Buttes to the NE, and the pine hills just east of Midwest as you look west.

Another interesting thing to me was that the last couple lots were off two year old heifers that were bred to composite bulls with 1/8 longhorn resulting in the calves. The cross calves looked fairly good on the video.

http://www.wvmcattle.com/

Go to the results page.

I like that whole area around that country FH, I took a drive north through Lynch and around to Kaycee this summer. That should be a mandatory route. Very Pretty.

Yes, I should have known it was Linch. Not like a Lynch mob. lol.

Do you have any stories about Mr. Taylor and his ranch, and did you ever meet him?

I will have to do a quick search on what he acted in. I am sure some on here have watched his movies.

I especially liked the drive through there and along the Powder. There was a migratory sheep outfit slowly making it's way towards Kaycee. They must have been on their way to the Big Horns. Don't see that much anymore.

I think Robert Taylor must have bought that ranch after we left there in 1958. I really didn't know until your post, Jake, that he had a ranch there. The Taylor ranch I knew of in that country belonged to Glen and Don Taylor. They owned Taylor Construction Company as well, and that is who my dad worked for in the construction business. Perhaps that is the place you mean. It was a pretty big place and sure was located right where you are talking about. Not to say Robert Taylor didn't own a place there...he sure could have.

He did, however, own a place in the foothills of the Big Horns west of Buffalo, not far from my husbands folks place, around 1959. They knew him some, he wanted to be a 'regular' guy, never made any waves. We would see him around town in some of the stores. He dressed just like every other rancher at the time, so he was pretty 'incognito' most of the time. It was startling to look over a counter and see those 'famous blue eyes' looking back at you. They always gave him away. I remember that happening to me a time or two. He was one of the first Hollywood actors to live in the West. Not many did at that time.

He starred in many westerns. At the end of one, he was frozen to death sitting up with just a blanket over him. He was pointing a pistol at whoever...I can't remember the name of that movie, but I sure remember the ending. Spooky!! Then he was in the show The Royal Lippazans (I think was the name) about the Lippazan Stallions. He really was an accomplished horseman.

Van Irvine owned a big ranch around the area you mentioned, as well. Have you ever heard of Van Irvine. My dad says he wrote a book and I would like to get it for him. Don't know if it is a good book or not, though.

Bob Moore had a nice ranch in that area, too. I went to school with the Moore girls. Bob Moore was the real deal. He was a very good cowboy and raised fine horses.

There is quite a bit of history there, if you get too looking. From there to the Teapot Dome...

FH, I bet you are right about that being Taylor Construction's ranch. I had been told the story for years that it was Robert's ranch there, but I bet they had it mixed up. As the crow flies, it wasn't that far off. :wink:

I don't know Van Irvine I guess.

One of my favorite looking ranches is the ranch that is south of Midwest on the hi-way east of the interstate that goes towards Casper. It is very well kept up, and in a neat spot near Teapot Dome.

I can remember that place, went by there lots of times. YES, it was always well-kept and I don't think I ever knew who owned it. I will ask my dad and see if he knows.

I wasn't sure if Taylor Ranch Co. was the ranch you were referring to, but I kinda thought it might be. The mix-up may have come because of Robert Taylor owning a place right in that time frame at the foot of the Big Horn mountains.

Latest posts