• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What 1.35 inches of rain in 5 hours looks like

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Amazing storm tonight. Started at 4:30
And just keep coming. A true blue monsoon soaker. Crazy water for this country. What a blessing!!!!!
That ain't a creek, that's our road.
3A0BF254-9715-4A72-9564-BE4918623D9A.jpeg

I went to leave the La Grande sale barn yesterday afternoon. Got to the door it was pouring outside. I decided to wait for this to pass. Then it started to hail. Hail got bigger and heavier. Pretty quick they were big marble sized stones. In about 10 minutes it passed. I heard later that the storm did damage up toward Wallowa.

they just share thistles and geese :)
Yes and only geese that hang around the family outdoor living area and poop all over everything like it rains once a year at Leanin's. If you ever visit a Columbia River park, you will get my drift. I still have goose poop embedded in my dress heel boots where the upper meets the sole from attending a wedding here two years ago. :mad:

Park in Boardman 2009 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Rained a bunch more last night. From Thursday til this morning we ended up with a scosh over 2 inches. Biblical kind of rain for us desert folks. My good friend got his water truck stuck to the frame hauling water to his cows. That's called irony!!!!!! What a storm. Game changer for lots of guys.

I have some of those thistles of a northern origin in my hay field. I kill them every year and they come back the next year.

Latest posts