• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What a deal/Ordeal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Yesterday the floor chain on my 2650 Haybuster bale processor quit turning in the proper direction. It would turn back but not forward. It didn't help to change outlets or position of the hoses. I by passed the flow control to no avail. Dad was on his was to Assiniboia and the dealer had a new orbit motor. I got him to pick it up and they were to change the sprocket on the end. After they charged me for half a hour $61, they decided it would be cheaper to sell me a $40 sprocket. :roll: I put it on this morning and reconnected the hoses and fought with the little piece of chain that wraps around the the sprockets.
It still didn't turn. :mad:
I tried different outlets again and noticed a piece of rubber or something in the tip of the quick coupler so I put a old one from my tool box on. It still didn't work so I switched the one I took off for the other one and surprise surprise the chain turned both way.
So after $669.49 I put on a "Old" hydraulic quick coupler end out of the tool box and fixed the problem.
Hope this rant saves somebody else some head aches. :D :D

One the bright side I now have a spare orbit motor and my neighbor thinks he has the other parts to make my PTO wire roller into a hydraulic one. :D

I had a deal like that this fall , I went out to move hay with my 4 bale picker I put 1 bale in it & the tractor wouldn't pick it up . Pull away from the bale it went up & down just fine . After 3 hours of tearing into my tractors hydraulic systems nothing had changed !!!!!!!!!The bale picker has 3 hydraulic cylinders turns out 1 of them had a broken internal piston so the oil would just bypass . pretty funny huh

If the women don't find you handy, they can at least find you handsome. :wink:

I would have changed the motor first myself. :lol:

Here's one for you. We bought a new used truck that the dealer had built and installed a new box and hoist. The first load of corn would only raise about 3 feet. My Dad was getting after me for loading it too heavy. After an hour of head scratching we finally discovered that they had plumbed the hoist wrong. We switched a couple hoses and it worked fine. I knew I didn't load it too heavy.
:lol:

Here's another one. Our baler broke a chain and did some internal damage.
We took it into the local dealer, they fixed it and Mr. FH went to get it.
First bale the next morning.......it did the same darn thing!

Of course, now it is Saturday.

He took the baler back to town, Monday morning the dealer called and
said........one of the rollers had broke the first time, and they missed it
when they made the first repair. :roll:

About 3 weeks ago the reverser on the JD 9550 went out - - - with this out the head will not run.

$6,000. and 3 days later we are up and running again - - - 3 days ago the reverser went out again - - - the JD 9500 was able to finish as we were about 18 acres from being done. Called the dealer and he stated this was the 3rd reverser that went out in less than 30 days so they are shipping another at no cost.

I told my son we were lucky as if it had held together about 3 more hours we would have been done and next fall when it would go out we would have had to buy another one!

Latest posts