• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What a week

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
1. Pesident George W. Bush told us he went to war with Iraq on flawed intelligence. (No, I don't think he was talking about his own.) But that doesn't matter, of course. Knowing that 2000 Americans would die, 30,000 Iraqis would die, we'd be billions and billions in debt, Iraqi oil production is still down, US gas prices are up, there were no WMDs, he'd still have invaded Iraq! Does that give you a hint that he didn't really invade Iraq because it was a threat to this country? Our sons and daughters are dying for Bush's personal vendetta, not to defend their country.

2. He's admitted that Iraqi reconstruction is not going as well as he would have us believe.

3. He backed off his threat to veto the bill with McCain's ban against torture.

4. Now we know that he's been the NSA evesdropping on American citizens without a court order. He claims that's his right as president! It seems that many Senators and legal experts disagree with him.

Does he make you proud?

I just thought of a good analogy for you, Dis. Ever heard of colon polyps? Well, they may turn into colon cancer, and they may not. Getting a tube shoved up your rear end is definitely an invasive procedure, but wouldn't you rather cut out the polyp than risk the chance it will turn to cancer? Do you agree that even if the colon polyp may not be cancerous yet, and may never be, it's worth going through with the procedure in order to avoid greater pain in the future? Or would you wait until it became an "immediate threat?"

(BTW, I was only responding to your first point.)

M.P. ya gotta admit that this admin. has ' flipped flopped' so many times on issues. It was dead against the 9/11 Comm...then OK! Against the testimony of Cheney, Rice, et.al....the OK.....against McCain's bill...now it's their idea all along.

Surely, you can see this pattern is a bit lame....for anyone be they Rep. or Dem or Liberal.

mp.freelance said:
I just thought of a good analogy for you, Dis. Ever heard of colon polyps? Well, they may turn into colon cancer, and they may not. Getting a tube shoved up your rear end is definitely an invasive procedure, but wouldn't you rather cut out the polyp than risk the chance it will turn to cancer? Do you agree that even if the colon polyp may not be cancerous yet, and may never be, it's worth going through with the procedure in order to avoid greater pain in the future? Or would you wait until it became an "immediate threat?"

(BTW, I was only responding to your first point.)

Keep defending Bush, mp. This war was wrong. He mislead the American people into it because 1) he wanted Saddam and 2) he knew Americans wouldn't support the costs, human and $$, for a war unless they actually felt threatened. So he used the fear instilled by 9-11, to scare Americans about Saddam. You think that's OK? And now, I have to laugh, he's claiming that he never suggested that Saddam was involved with 9-11. While it's true that he probably never said "Saddam was involved in 9-11" every speech he made where Saddam was mentioned, 9-11 was also mentioned. Dick Cheney actually said that Saddam and Osama Bin Laden had connections. That you continue to defend this liar amazes me.

Proud? damned right I am proud. I guarantee you one thing. had that soft hearted weak minded pompous ass Gore been elected, the terrorists would have bombed our buildings and set up camp in this country and been hitting us repeatedly.
there were about 10 different attacks on Clintons watch, and we ignored them. Hell they blew up our Navy ship and Clinton just threatened them!!
But when Bush threw down the six shooters, we went in and did what should have been done years ago.

has it been costly? yes. Do I feel for those who have lost a loved one? of course. Do I regret not going into the two fronts? hell no. fight them now, and end it. leave our grand kids to a peaceful world.

jigs said:
Proud? damned right I am proud. I guarantee you one thing. had that soft hearted weak minded pompous ass Gore been elected, the terrorists would have bombed our buildings and set up camp in this country and been hitting us repeatedly.
there were about 10 different attacks on Clintons watch, and we ignored them. Hell they blew up our Navy ship and Clinton just threatened them!!
But when Bush threw down the six shooters, we went in and did what should have been done years ago.

has it been costly? yes. Do I feel for those who have lost a loved one? of course. Do I regret not going into the two fronts? hell no. fight them now, and end it. leave our grand kids to a peaceful world.

Read this carefully: Saddam Hussein had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11 or the other attacks you mention. So tell me, Jigs, why did Bush go to war in Iraq?

Jigs!! " threw down the six shooters"....PLEEEEEZE....you been watchin' that western channel WAY too much!!!

Latest posts