• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What do bales of hay sell for in the States?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing said:
Of course, when I look at my labor costs ($50/week for a hand) and fuel costs ($0.06/gallon for gasoline), I might just selling my bales for an equivalent profit margin. :?

Wish our fuel was that cheap...we're paying 40-50 times that much per gal - filled up yesterday for $2.79 gal (diesel)

txbobcat said:
Whitewing said:
Of course, when I look at my labor costs ($50/week for a hand) and fuel costs ($0.06/gallon for gasoline), I might just selling my bales for an equivalent profit margin. :?

Wish our fuel was that cheap...we're paying 40-50 times that much per gal - filled up yesterday for $2.79 gal (diesel)

Yup, I'm aware of those diesel costs in the states. Obviously we use lots of diesel at the ranch. Diesel down here is even less expensive than gasoline. They almost give it away. I give my driver about $10 of cash and he fills up a number of 55 gallon drums with diesel and gasoline.

Oh, and I made a mistake on my calculation of the cost of gasoline. At today's current black market exchange rate for the dollar, it's $0.04/gallon for 95 octane. :D

Hay that I have sold this year, round bales $100/per ton, 3x3 $125-140 depending on the quility. All the hay is 70/30 mix orchard grass alfalfa mix. Finished hauling all the corn off from last year and some hay this year and I filled the truck up at $2.92 for fuel.

Latest posts