• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What do you think of this one?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
http://bridgeviewmanufacturing.com/products-category/hay-rakes/

Thinking of the 18 wheel version. Had a 14 wheel of a different brand and I think the big Vermeer balers can handle a big windrow.

It's a great looking rake---I take issue with this: "AG IMPLEMENT TIRES – are longer lasting than car tires and durable in sharp stubble and rocky terrain, Ag tires are standard on our rakes unlike many other rakes "

To me, little ag tires are junk, a wore out 10 ply pickup tire will outlast about a dozen 'ag tires, you can put them on a duckfoot with the wire showing and still not have trouble'-----I got a pretty neat 20' wide land plane--but it duck walks if you try to go too fast---picked up some little truck tires that'll stand over 100#, gonna see if that'll change it---old planes used to have wide, steel wheels.

littlejoe said:
It's a great looking rake---I take issue with this: "AG IMPLEMENT TIRES – are longer lasting than car tires and durable in sharp stubble and rocky terrain, Ag tires are standard on our rakes unlike many other rakes "

To me, little ag tires are junk, a wore out 10 ply pickup tire will outlast about a dozen 'ag tires, you can put them on a duckfoot with the wire showing and still not have trouble'-----I got a pretty neat 20' wide land plane--but it duck walks if you try to go too fast---picked up some little truck tires that'll stand over 100#, gonna see if that'll change it---old planes used to have wide, steel wheels.

Ya that got me bit but the last rake I had came with recap car tires. JUNK

While we're on that site, has anyone used the Bale King 5100? I kind of like the X design the flails are mounted on, and the basic idea of the fine chop option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwL3_RBLjpw

images

I have one of the first Bale Kings that were made...mode 880. I cant remember, either the shaft did or didn't go clear through the length of the drum. Design flaw, and the shaft broke off the end of the drum. So I replaced my drum with the "X" rotor. It does get rid of the "slap back" of the flails. The "S" curve tooth kinda does the same thing. It does make it easier for removing twine.

As for the rake...local dealer sold some. I cant get the link to load, but if its like I remember the teeth are a "V" shaped. 2 tines per tooth if you get what Im saying. Good and bad to that. Was thinking they were harder to replace, cant remember for sure. This local area H&S and Rowse are "kings" in the hay rakes. Then the sitrex (Case IH/M&W) so I think its hard for them to get much traction in the sales department.

Latest posts