• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What does it cost to re-record a brand in your state?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses said:
YIKES, Jody. That's steep.
And we have a Wyoming brand to register too. But Wyoming
does it in the middle of the decade...2015 would be next,
is that correct? When did they change it to $300 per species?
It per brand because I got one that's for horses, sheep and cattle at $300/10 years
They are staggered by year as I got 3 brands and the mom has one and they are not reregistered all in the same year. I have a backward B with a bar under it LRC,LTH,BS, but also have the same brand with a tail brand on the slash on the left hip each B are registered as different brands

I think when I bought mine in Alberta it was $250 and I own it. It becomes and asset and I can will it to my kids, etc.

Faster horses said:
Our are up for re-recording. $100 each. :shock: (for 10 years).
That surprised me, so I wondered what others were being charged.

The raise to $100 rerecord fee was supposed to free up some unused brands that folks not even owning cattle were just keeping so they could have a brand-- but it really hasn't worked...
Especially when you see some of these brands selling for humoungus prices-- $1,000- $10,000....

We have 3 brands to rerecord this year- but its the last time... Started branding everything with 1 brand about 5-6 years ago- and when these old cows are gone, I'm going to drop them unless the kids want me to transfer them to them..

Jody- MT has brand inspection/movement permits on sheep too- but the predator tax is on the county property taxes based on the number of livestock owned.....

$10 for 10 years. But were in a non brand state. With the increases in every other charge I'm sure they add some to it.

$75 for 3 years, on horses and cattle. When I lived up in ND, I believe it was $30 per year per species. Horses and mules are two species and I guess a profit center for brand office or maybe the inspectors cant tell the difference??? Anyway, it offended me they had to charge like that.

Latest posts