• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

what have you done!!!???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Chuckie

Reaction score
my Dad told me more than once that the stupidest thing men ever did was invent a washing machine. this gave women WAY too much time on their hands, which led directly to the poor souls getting to vote. this started the US of A on a down-hill run that hasn't been completed even as we speak.

Dad was NOT a stupid man: he had seven daughters, a wife, and knew he was out-numbered. he made these sorts of comments only when he knew he wouldn't be taken TOO seriously, and thus possibly put his life in jepoardy (SP?).

we all loved him, but it speaks to the intelligence of men in the first place to even THINK of a washing machine. cut off your noses to spite your face? :lol:

OK, you asked for it.

Ladies, here's some good food for thought. Ladies and Gentlemen, please read on...

MEN ARE LIKE:

1. Men are like laxatives...they irritate the **** out of you.
2. Men are like bananas...the older they get the less firm they are.
3. Men are like weather...Nothing can be done to change them.
4. Men are like blenders...you need one, but you are not sure why.
5. Men are like chocolate bars...sweet, smooth and they usually head
right for your hips.
6. Men are like commercials...you can't believe a word they say.
7. Men are like department stores...their clothes are usually 1/2 off.
8. Men are like government bonds...they take sooooo long to mature.
9. Men are like mascara...they usually run at the first sign of emotion.
10. Men are like popcorn...they satisfy you, but only for a little while.
11. Men are like lava lamps...fun to look at, but not very bright.
12. Men are like parking spaces...all the good ones are taken, the rest
are handicapped.

Paybacks are such good fun, dontcha think???

hey, give us a break, we can't help it if we were made to fix things that we broke, right the wrongs we did, and put up with the incessant nagging to do it right now :lol:

Now how manny of those feisty remarks would Faster Horses of come up with if she was boiling water over a fire and scrubbing clothes on a washboard? I'm guessing Faster Horses has a washing machine and just look at how she spends the time she saved. Chuckie, your Dad was on to something.

Sorry Faster Horses, I couldn't resist. The trouble with your list is too much truth. The part about taking too long to mature, that ain't no joke that's the truth.

OK, you all win. My great grandmother lived to 94. She still would not have an electric stove, I was humbled everytime I went to her house. By the time she died, she could not recognize me because she could not see well enough but she could still make candy for me and her great grand kids
Her husband worked on the road into Yellowstone Park in 1910-1920, my grandmother road the train from Emigrant to Livingston everyday for school. She cannot remember anything, would all of you please, make all of these old people write these things down?

chuckie said:
Dad was NOT a stupid man: he had seven daughters, a wife, and knew he was out-numbered. he made these sorts of comments only when he knew he wouldn't be taken TOO seriously, and thus possibly put his life in jepoardy

Wait a minute, wait just one minute. Chuckie, what sex exactly ARE you?
One of the daughters?
Whose side are you on!

Here's one I tried to make up:
Women, God rest our souls, are like bread dough.
The harder we're worked, the higher we rise. :gag: (where's an emoticon with a halo whenyou need it)

SW.....my family has 38 grandkids...I"m one of them spanned over a time period of almost 30 years..so each and every one of us have different memories of the time we spent with our grandparents...the stories they've told to us over the years....at our family reunion one year in my family history book..I typed up as many of the stories that I remember my grandma tellin me about her childhood , etc......From there I asked all the others to please jot down some of the things that they remembered...it werked out well..not everyone participated...but got some neat stories that I'd never heard before from them.

Latest posts