• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What is it worth?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

xhangn7

Reaction score
A guy wants to lease me his place and cows, I am wondering what it is worth and looking for some input.

The place has 1000 acres of pasture, house, corrals and calving facilities. 100 head of cows

What would you pay?

Thanks in advance

xhangn7 said:
A guy wants to lease me his place and cows, I am wondering what it is worth and looking for some input.

The place has 1000 acres of pasture, house, corrals and calving facilities. 100 head of cows

What would you pay?

Thanks in advance

Depends a lot on location... 1000 acres in some of the Missouri breaks country wouldn't run 20 cows...

do you need the improvements?? I wouldn't wanna pay for them and not need them, are you gonna move there etc.. lots to consider, also for me you are a long ways from me (Texas) so I'm sure there is a lot of difference, I was talking to local wildlife biologist at soccer practice tonight the state is doing a by the head/month with lots of variables depending on location within the state and what all they provide but on his last assignment said they paid $28 unit/month

xhangn7 said:
Its near Great Falls. It would run a 100 head

Do you know this for a fact? Does it put up the hay for them? Do they go out for summer grass? Is some irrigated? Water charges? I'm familiar with the area

We used to live and work in that area, sounds like too many units per acre to me. Its hard to estimate what its worth without knowing more about the improvements. native or improved pasture?

Latest posts