• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What is your new year's resolution?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! As I am reflecting on the great lessons of 2011, I have started writing some resolutions for 2012:

1. I want to get out of the "worry/doubting" train cart that I have been riding for quite a while, and get on the "hopeful" cart and enjoy the journey. It takes a lot of guts to trust Charlie (God) and put my worries and fears in his hands. Ultimately, I am his child, and when he is ready to stop my train or change destinations, he will do so.

2. I will lose 25 pounds by April 30th. I am grateful for my healthy body but I know that losing this weight it will help me in other ways.

3. I will tutor a kid with special needs how to improve his/her reading and math skills.

These are some my resolutions for 2012.

May your new year be filled with good health, joy, and great memories!

Silver said:
HAY MAKER said:
Never go to a second location with a Banjo player.
Happy new Year

I resent that! (I think....) :???:

HAHAHAHA!!!

#1----eat healthier and watch out for the diabetes that runs rampant in my family......bye-bye, hersheys!! :cry:

#2----heal my family..one soul at a time!! i have been blessed with strong and wonderful kids (all 4 of them), but each is wounded in their own way and love (and a touch of counseling) will get us through!! :wink:

#3----FINALLY finish my nursing degree!! would eventually like to work toward my paramedic and work life flight!! wooohooo!! :D :D

to each and every single one of you out there....HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS AND STAY SAFE ON THE 31ST!!!! :D

1. I gotta dump some pounds....

2. be more family oriented

3. one weekend a month is date weekend, even if the hay is ready to bale, I MUST go.

jigs said:
3. one weekend a month is date weekend, even if the hay is ready to bale, I MUST go.

Doesn't taking her for a ride in your Big Green Tractor count? :D

I don't make resolutions.

Happy New Year everyone.

gcreekrch said:
jigs said:

Doesn't taking her for a ride in your Big Green Tractor count? :D

I don't make resolutions.

Happy New Year everyone.

That's his problem, He drives a BLUE tractor.

All love songs are written about John Deere's. :D :D

Mine is being more tactful or maybe just saying nothing.
Instead of just jumping in and helping or doing and usually getting my feelings hurt I'm just not going to be sooooo available.

And kris.... My nephew is a paamedic/nurse who flies life flight helicopters.. So if you want his number to call for advice ( and of course not to meddle or anything cuz I would be breaking my new new year resolution he is single with a daughter......ooops) damn blew it all ready!! :D :D Let us know here on ranchers how that goes maybe we can help... : :wink: :twisted: Damn can't help myself!!! :twisted:

she has learned that "come ride with me" turns into " you run this, I gotta go do something else"......

we run a blend of blue and green....no red though, that is a color that makes me ill.

kris said:
Silver said:
HAY MAKER said:
Never go to a second location with a Banjo player.
Happy new Year

I resent that! (I think....) :???:

HAHAHAHA!!!

#1----eat healthier and watch out for the diabetes that runs rampant in my family......bye-bye, hersheys!! :cry:

** Same boat here; but is is difficult to do when one likes sweets and desserts.*** :(

#3----FINALLY finish my nursing degree!! would eventually like to work toward my paramedic and work life flight!! wooohooo!! :D :D

*** Let us know when you are going to graduate from the nursing program!****

jigs said:
1. I gotta dump some pounds....

*** I want to "dump" pounds and reduce my "muffin top"...

*** Your resolution #3 is a very good one***

Happy 2012 and best luck to you!

katrina said:
Instead of just jumping in and helping or doing and usually getting my feelings hurt I'm just not going to be sooooo available.

*** You and I have the same problem... One of the things that I have to learn is to say "No" and like you said, make myself unavailable more often. I hope that you'll have a year filled with good health, joy, and memorable moments.

Since resolutions are hard to keep and everyone has a tendency to go backwards on them, I have decided to resolve to not get up till noon and to put on five pounds

sweetbasil said:
katrina said:

*** You and I have the same problem... One of the things that I have to learn is to say "No" and like you said, make myself unavailable more often. I hope that you'll have a year filled with good health, joy, and memorable moments.

Well !!!!!!!!!! There aint nuthin worse than a woman makin herself unavailible, specially when there are chores to git done :D
Happy New Years Ladies

I don't think this is really a resolution, but living life with a smile and enjoying even the smallest things each day, cause ya never know how fast it can all be taken away...

katrina said:
Mine is being more tactful or maybe just saying nothing.

And kris.... My nephew is a paamedic/nurse who flies life flight helicopters.. So if you want his number to call for advice ( and of course not to meddle or anything cuz I would be breaking my new new year resolution he is single with a daughter......ooops) damn blew it all ready!! :D :D Let us know here on ranchers how that goes maybe we can help... : :wink: :twisted: Damn can't help myself!!! :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i see you stick to your resolutions as well as i do.... :wink: :wink: will definitely have to contact him about his experiences....being on lifeflight has always been a dream of mine and my youngest will be grown and gone in6 years and i will have the rest of my life to live out my dream!!
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Larrry said:
Since resolutions are hard to keep and everyone has a tendency to go backwards on them, I have decided to resolve to not get up till noon and to put on five pounds

God must have loved butter when he "was baking me" because I sure was taken out of the "oven" with a little "muffin top". (LOL).

On a serious note, I hope that you'll have a great 2012.

Best,
SB

HAY MAKER said:
sweetbasil said:
katrina said:

Well !!!!!!!!!! There aint nuthin worse than a woman makin herself unavailible, specially when there are chores to git done :D
Happy New Years Ladies

I think we should have a day where all women regardless of marital status to have a holiday were we all can officially be "unavailable".... that includes chores... :)

May 2012 bring you good health, joy, and memorable moments!

Jassy said:
I don't think this is really a resolution, but living life with a smile and enjoying even the smallest things each day, cause ya never know how fast it can all be taken away...

excellent point, jassy!! so very true!!!

sweetbasil, guess about the closest we come to a holiday for all women is Mothers day, hoping you and yours have a happy prosperous New year.
good luck

Latest posts